how much study are you doing in the holidays? (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
I’ll try to fit in a bit when I get bored but I don’t want to burn myself out, I’m going to be working like 4-5 days a week anyway so I won’t exactly have tons of time

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
probably just learning ahead for mx1 and mx2, maybe trying to get a good head start on the next physics module (we are still doing advanced mechanics 💀💀)

dasfas

HSC
imo, I recommend getting ahead in maths and reading the english texts. other than that, take it easy. actually ENJOY your holidays - spend a decent amount of time AWAY from textbooks and relaxing. You have the next 10 months to grind, it's a marathon not a sprint

Last edited:

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Forget studying. You should have already finished the syllabus and should be grinding past papers smh.

Saint Dev

HSC
but reading books is a hobby of mine 😭
I'd recommend reading routinely (i.e. set a time aside each day or week) if you enjoy it. Once you begin to neglect reading because of study it becomes increasingly difficult to start again as everything gets more intense. That doesn't mean you can't not read every now and then but I'd be conscious of it.

I read more during Yr11-12 than the rest of high school; you can certainly find a balance between reading and textbooks. However, when I started engineering it fell off a cliff and now my capacity to read fiction for enjoyment is practically non-existent. It's quite sad really and it's a struggle to get back into it.

dsakvyilsa

HSC
very minimal to be honest, just going to finish up my chem/bio mod 5 notes, read my texts, and I've also been assigned a bit of mx2 work. I might try to get ahead for bio/chem but it's no big deal. I'm working ALOT.

raspberriesandpears

HSC
i'm hopefully finishing up the first draft of both my major works this holidays, which i think i'm tracking towards + catching up on notes and doing some practice questions. just trying to keep the momentum going honestly. i'll properly start after christmas but i've managed to do some ee2 major work which is good :)
not doing 25 hours a day though so i might flunk out :(

Ccoelie

HSC
I'm planning to do mostly work on my major projects in the holidays (Hopefully I get a large chunk of those done so I'm not worrying abt them for the next 2 terms) . I def want to catch up with math and physics notes and might study ahead so in class I'm more alert. And read English texts in prep as well as make notes. Also want to practice with my understanding of actual concepts like analysing, writing reports and equations and stuff. Prepared for the major burnout I might face but id rather be burnt out and do better then leave everything last minute and fail.

elioxpeach

HSC
don't stress about how much studying you do during the holidays if you're not aiming for 98+ atar. you can not study at all whatsoever during the holidays and still get mid - high 90s atar. the biggest regret I have of year 12 is stressing about how much I should be studying when the best thing to do (in my opinion) is take this time off and have fun. Use this time to catch up on things you might've lagged behind in during term 4, and if you're good with your marks in t4 then sleep in, hang w friends and forget studying. Term 1 is so long so you have plenty of time to study for the end of term exams and it's kind of the last extended break you'll have for yr 12. ofc if you're trying to get 99.95 and go to some selective school you do you and study 10hrs a day but for everyone else, studying during holidays is way too hyped.

souli

HSC
i'm hopefully finishing up the first draft of both my major works this holidays, which i think i'm tracking towards + catching up on notes and doing some practice questions. just trying to keep the momentum going honestly. i'll properly start after christmas but i've managed to do some ee2 major work which is good :)
not doing 25 hours a day though so i might flunk out :(
Damn extension english 2?? Can you share what you're writing about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)