how much would u spend on a formal dress??? (1 Viewer)

evche

HSC
Monika D said:
moss & spy have gorgeous dresses :( jealous
a shop in Kogarah called Something Nice have a great selection of them, and haves new stock and sales all the time... GO!

*Baby-K*

HSC
I bought mine for over $600 from Karen Millen but I will definately wear it again. Shame they had shoes that matched the dress but I missed out :mad:

Justina

HSC
Something Nice - i've been meaning to check that place out for a while now - might go have a look after HSC

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
now cos i've already bought a dress i fucking hate and it was expensive as

i wouldn't go over 650

maybe 800 if i love it lol

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
everything for my year 10 formal [dress, shoes, make up, jewellery] was <$250 - i like to be as stingy as possible. did my own hair too.

i reckon that anything $300+ has got to be worth it - it's got to be completely unique and/or something that you can wear more than once.

Monika D

HSC
ooh ive been to something nice a few times. i bought a skirt for 50 down from 250. everything there is expensive but really pretty!

candytrip

Slacker
HSC
I bought mine a few weeks ago - $80 from a small boutique, black chiffon, just above knee lenth and will probably wear again.

suchi29

HSC
ohhh max 300.. i duno.. but i want sumthing id wear again

depends on how gud it is obv. n if its wrth it.. if u luv it GO FOR IT!.. dont rip urselves off XD.. OMG WAT ABOUT SHOES HAIR MAKEUP ..fk im freaking

HSC
overall yr 10 was about $700 all up. dress was a little over half of that....

since then i have learnt to sew:D lol gonna make something i am envisioning :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
joker252 said:
um, is $950 too much?
You could always just lie to people about the cost? :)

I know a girl in my year who designed her own dress, got her Dad to buy the fabric in Europe, then got it made professionally in Britain. She is rich. But for year ten... that's a bit much.

I'm spending $140 on my suit hire for year ten formal (yes, a girl in an oxford grey tux with tails with silver tie, white shirt, pinstripe pants) but I would only spend up to $250 even in year twelve, unless I was going to wear the dress again.

apathyislove

HSC
Justina said:
where from?
Events outlet in Alexandria. There's not a lot there so keep in mind there are another dress factory outlets in the nearby area, with reasonable prices. I was tossing up with another one from a shop done there (sorry, can't remember the name) that was about $200 down from $500.

utookmyusername

HSC
My budget for my dress was around $400.
I ended buying one I really liked for $180 and have worn it again and again.
Looking back, I'm glad I didn't spend much because my formal was probably the most over-rated night of the year.
Not saying that everyone's formal will be like mine but just remember, it is just a year 10 formal - no need to spend a fortune.

sonnysburning

HSC
mine was $475 :shy:
but i'll wear it again.. it's worth it :)

probably a dumb question, but you know those girls who buy really expensive deb dresses and say they'll dye it and wear it to their formal.. has anyone done that?
what do you do with old deb dresses?

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
My GF's dress was $600, and my suit was $400, but i would be willing to spend up to $600...

HSC
Mine was between 250 and 300 (i can;t remember exactly) and its floor length, so impractical for repeated use. I'm planning on cutting the hemline short and wearing it as a cocktail afterwards or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)