how often do you go to the gym? (1 Viewer)

hsc=suicide

HSC
how many times a week would you go to the gym in an average week? and how long do you spend there? i generally go ever 2nd day and sped 1.5-2 hours

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I don't like gyms that much, I go maybe once a month. I ride anywhere from 10 to 30 kms a day on my bike though.

L

littlewing69

3-4 times a week. I try to keep my workout within an hour or so. I've read that some sort of diminishing returns deal kicks in after that.

BlackDragon

HSC
none for me. mostly excerise through lots of sport and bike riding.
i plan to join a gym at uni though. because its easy, cheap and convenient. but mostly for the use of the pool.
- sports the bomb.

hsc=suicide

HSC
lol i play sport to, but atm there isnt any basketball. when basketballs is on i train 2-3 times a week and go to the gym 2-3 times.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Maybe twice a week. I'm usually there for 1-2 hours, depending on whether or not I go to a class.

NinjaSauce

HSC
typically 6 days, twice a day.

Then again, i did buy my own equipment. :-D So it is pretty easy to throw in a split routine. Will also join the UNSW gym when i turn up, for convienence.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
ive only been 2 the gym like once in my life lol.. i need 2 bulk up so i might start going soon lol

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Usually 3-4 times a week, about 1.5 hours each session.

NinjaSauce

HSC
littlewing69 said:
Or stunted due to overtraining....

Very, very presumptious. I'm not doing marathon 'HIT' routines to failure. I never touch failure.

I don't over train. I train no longer than 30 mins max. And i'm not really 'bodybuilding' in the traditional sense. True, i am getting bigger, due to the nature of high-frequency training, and copious calories having that effect, but i train with large rest periods, and cycled volume and intensity.

... said:
what the..6days with 2 sessions a day?
you must be a tank
hell no. I train for mainly strength, not size. Though i might change that in the future, but not now. I need to get my power lifts decent first.

But thats enough. We're taking this post off topic.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Never.

But i do plan on starting though.

L

littlewing69

NinjaSauce said:
Very, very presumptious. I'm not doing marathon 'HIT' routines to failure. I never touch failure.

Dude, I was joking.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
6 days a week, varying between 1 hour of cardio and half an hour of weights, 1 and a half hours of cardio and half an hour of weights, or 2 hours of cardio.

Really depends on what I will be doing with the rest of my day. If I do the 7th day I usually spend that doing 30-50 laps of the olympic pool, as my normal gym shuts on sundays and I hate the other gym they send us to.

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
twice a week i go to the school's gym, it suffices
i want three times, but that means itd have to be morning session because of my timetable
around an hour of weights depending on crowds, occasional cardio

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
At school I went to the gym 2-3 times a week.

But that wasn't extensive. I go for 5km runs about once a week, and did a bit of fitness during sports training.

During the holidays and between school and uni I am not around to many gyms, but I plan to start once uni commences.

I've been doing 100 push ups a day for the last 4 months though but I don't know that its doing that much for me.

What do you find is the best sort of stuff to bulk up? I suffer from being slightly pigpen cheated.

L

littlewing69

Lockhart said:
At school I went to the gym 2-3 times a week.

But that wasn't extensive. I go for 5km runs about once a week, and did a bit of fitness during sports training.

During the holidays and between school and uni I am not around to many gyms, but I plan to start once uni commences.

I've been doing 100 push ups a day for the last 4 months though but I don't know that its doing that much for me.

What do you find is the best sort of stuff to bulk up? I suffer from being slightly pigpen cheated.

100 pushups daily will not cause you to bulk up. For good muscle development you need to do low numbers (8-10) of high resistance movements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)