• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How often do you go to the gym? (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
takes me about 4-5 days to fully 100% recover from DOMS.

wish i could heal up faster, wouldnt mind doing weights twice a week instead of once.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC

wish i could heal up faster, wouldnt mind doing weights twice a week instead of once.
if you do it more often, your body starts to be able to heal faster.

after two weeks of no acro/dancing and therefore no proper stretching, it kills the days after, but it goes away like after the second week.

i never go to the gym but i do acrobatics, dance and play touch, so yeah.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC

:eek:4-5 days? That's so long...

so far my record would be from last weeks wednesday sessions ..and I had DOMS from thursday till saturday..only today i've recovered 100% from DOMS

OH you don't go to the gym again..when you have DOMS?
lol
on fridays I just work on my legs and stomach :)

after two weeks of no acro/dancing and therefore no proper stretching, it kills the days after, but it goes away like after the second week.

sort of..
but i never had DOMS lasting three days before..and i've been to the gym for 3 months ..

you get DOMS from acrobatics,dance and touch...man you go girl !!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
:eek:4-5 days? That's so long...

so far my record would be from last weeks wednesday sessions ..and I had DOMS from thursday till saturday..only today i've recovered 100% from DOMS

OH you don't go to the gym again..when you have DOMS?
lol
on fridays I just work on my legs and stomach :)

sort of..
but i never had DOMS lasting three days before..and i've been to the gym for 3 months ..

you get DOMS from acrobatics,dance and touch...man you go girl !!
doing sport in the days after relaly loosens you up again, don't do weights, go for a walk/swim or something and make sure you stretch well, even if it's killing you you HAVE to do it, and it will go away like a gem =]].

yeahh when i have state cup/nationals or something, i get MASSIVE lactic acid buildup.

dux&src

HSC
doing sport in the days after relaly loosens you up again, don't do weights, go for a walk/swim or something and make sure you stretch well, even if it's killing you you HAVE to do it, and it will go away like a gem =]].

yeahh when i have state cup/nationals or something, i get MASSIVE lactic acid buildup.
lolll yeah i go for runs at 5am :) but nowadays it's hard to wake up at 5am with the weather and all.
But even when i have DOMS..i still stick to my gym schedule... all i have to do is work on my legs and stomach :)

nationals!!!!! WOW!! the only thing i go to state for was swimming..
Lactic acid !!!!!!!

love em :) lactic acid :) just need to do more cardio:) to make your body use oxygen more efficiently to assist your body's removal of lactic acid :))

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

i know, when i first started out doing weights a few years ago it took me a full week to recover, then after doing it for 2 years i'd recover in 3 days.

but now i know more about weights then i did back then, so i do pretty full on weights and im in quite some pain for 2 days, then sore for another 2, then healed.

time will make me heal faster.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
lolll yeah i go for runs at 5am :) but nowadays it's hard to wake up at 5am with the weather and all.
But even when i have DOMS..i still stick to my gym schedule... all i have to do is work on my legs and stomach :)

nationals!!!!! WOW!! the only thing i go to state for was swimming..
Lactic acid !!!!!!!

love em :) lactic acid :) just need to do more cardio:) to make your body use oxygen more efficiently to assist your body's removal of lactic acid :))
um isnt it not good for the body if u work out while u have DOMS?

and as for lactic acid buildup, drink more milk maybe?

dux&src

HSC
um isnt it not good for the body if u work out while u have DOMS?

and as for lactic acid buildup, drink more milk maybe?
hmm i'm not too sure on this one but if you check out some bodybuilders schedules some of them go the gym 5 times a week..surely they get DOMS ..
but i think what you should do is work on a different set of muscle group/s
to allow the muscle/s where you have DOMS to recover...

I'm still going to workout even with DOMS just gonna work on a different muscle group :)

haha? i drink quite a lot of milk a day to grow up big and strong:)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah that makes sense, if u got doms in ur chest and arms, then work out ur legs, then while u have doms on ur legs, ur arms and chest wouldve healed, etc.

dux&src

HSC
im either having deja vu or you've posted this before like several weeks/months ago.
(and no, im not talking about ur double post)
yeah LOl it's been posted before
i read through the last few pages and saw it :)

u-borat you have a good memory :)

dux&src

HSC
i go the gym 4 times a week :)

mon,wed,fri MORNINGS before school

and wednesday afternoon

TWICE on wednesday

dang stupid workload :(
gym coming soon :)
and then a long 12 hours sleep after school :) should be enough to start the recovery process :)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I used to go 4 days, now i go 3 times or 2 times...and im really starting to get bored.

dux&src

HSC
I used to go 4 days, now i go 3 times or 2 times...and im really starting to get bored.
4 days :) nice :)

DO you have set times that you workout or not?

like for me i got mon,wed,fri Mornings before school
and i go on wednesday arvos :)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Nope no set time.

But usually in the arvo, sometimes right after work. Depends on my mood. but i dont go on sundays.

Im just dragging myself to the gym these days, not that much into it as i was a couple of months back :(

dux&src

HSC
Nope no set time.

But usually in the arvo, sometimes right after work. Depends on my mood. but i dont go on sundays.

Im just dragging myself to the gym these days, not that much into it as i was a couple of months back :(
oh :)
yeah i guess it does get harder each day to go to the gym after you've been for a while...

but i find it helpful to set goals you want to achieve and work towards them :p

mces0421

HSC
N/A
I don't need to do it every day because I have my own threadmill. Two to three times a week is enough for me I think. Especially now that I am busy working. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)