How often do you go to the gym? (1 Viewer)

Carl Unger

HSC
I notice heaps and heaps of teens are getting into fitness and going to the gym. So how often do you go to the gym, if at all? Most of my mates go about once a week because they can't really afford it, some other dedicated people I know might go 2-3 times. Myself, it's hard to say since I do alot of my fitness at home now so probably on average once a fortnight if that.

Black Heart

HSC
I just got gym membership today and I am planning on going everyday after school and on weekends at night (unless I am working the times I am going). So like 5 or 6 days a week, as it's costing me $15.95 per week, So I might as well make the most of it.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i workout day in day out at home. it's free and you can workout naked.

gella

HSC
once a week
only cause school forces us

Lori.

HSC
twice a week for a class and then another 2-3 times for cardio

HSC
N/A
gym is a waste of money unless u want to want massive muscles, doesnt cost any to run around outside

the size that the majority of ppl want to achieve, or the level of fitness can be attained through bodyweight training done from home, no equipment required and cost nothing.

savio23q

Band
HSC
gym is a waste of money unless u want to want massive muscles, doesnt cost any to run around outside

the size that the majority of ppl want to achieve, or the level of fitness can be attained through bodyweight training done from home, no equipment required and cost nothing.
False.

I go everyday except Sunday. On average I spend about 1.5-2hours. I dunno how it'll work out once uni starts...

:(

HSC
N/A
did u actually read the rest of my post?
write a proper reply rather then false, this is for discussion after all...

why do you go everyday except sunday?

savio23q

Band
HSC
Well most guys I see at the gym don't have massive muscles. Yeah you're right about the body weight exercises, but there's only so much you can do with those. They also don't provide you with a full range of motion, like some machines at the gym do. People go to the gym not only to gain mass and get bulky..or "massive". There's a crapload of aims. Some wanna lose loose fat around the muscle or just generally tone up. Like I said, body weight exercises are good and should be done regularly...but they're generally pretty limited. (they also get boring quickly)

I go everyday coz I have the time right now. I'm on holidays and I'm trying to take advantage of it coz once I start uni, I'm gonna be swamped. Also, on Sundays the gym is only open for like 4 hours, so I don't bother...I consider it my "resting day".

HSC
N/A
I honestly still cant see a reason to join a gym, ive been one or twice and found nothing that I could do from home without equipment.

Bodyweight training can get a bit mundane however 40$ a week or some ridiculous amount at a gym i can hardly justify when I do everything i need at home for free at a time that suits me. With the correct diet along with a routine apart I cant see why anyone couldnt do their routine at home either, as in loosing body weight / cardo or any other reason someone will go to a gym. I feel like i have a double negative in there somewhere but you get the jist.

HSC
I went to the gym for three months and then stopped going because it was getting too expensive and i actually wasnt getting any more toned or anything. I dont need to lose weight, and unless u need to do that then the gym is a waste of time and money. $50 a month for something you can do at home really eats into ur account!

If i was obese i would go to a gym for the supportive environment and guidance. Running in public is just humiliating for someone obese.

But if its just to keep fit, then go for a walk, or a run and do some sit ups at home. Buy a weight pack for $30 at Big W...Live Big for less!

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)