How on earth did you guys figure what to do in university? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi. I got no clue what to do anymore and its making me depressed, i've got engo/commerce on the top of my head but then again I truly don't know. How did you guys figure everything out? Is it normal to make a mistake when choosing a degree? Ideally i don't want to take a gap year.

idkkdi

HSC
Hi. I got no clue what to do anymore and its making me depressed, i've got engo/commerce on the top of my head but then again I truly don't know. How did you guys figure everything out? Is it normal to make a mistake when choosing a degree? Ideally i don't want to take a gap year.
it should be pretty easy to transfer degrees if it doesn't work out.

icycledough

HSC
The great thing now you've finished your exams is that you have heaps of time to decide what you want to do in university. Speak to some friends, older friends, read forums online, potentially even ask teachers or a year advisor what career options you want to pursue in the future. It definitely isn't anywhere as strict as high school, meaning as mentioned above, you can start a degree, stop it halfway and pick up another one if you don't enjoy the first one.

uniqueusername1

HSC
please calm down bro you'll find it. just keep experimenting. your life is not over lol your probs only 17-18.
don't fear it. i'm sure your parents won't leave you until you find something lol and get onto your two feet. this is why its always important to maintain a strong relationship with family. they should be your no.1 priority. Share this to them, tell them how much you love them and i'm sure they'll be willing to help.
Also life doesn't have to be bad :)
so go out there and give everyone a run for their money. if it doesn't work out switch and laugh if off, life is an experience innit. you cannot fear failing or making the incorrect decision thats just life.
anyways its good to see your reflecting on what to do, some people just randomly choose degrees lol (totally not me :)
again not the end of the world don't beat yourself up. i'm sure theres people who are older than you that got no clue.
damn i should become a public speaker

HSC
please calm down bro you'll find it. just keep experimenting. your life is not over lol your probs only 17-18.
don't fear it. i'm sure your parents won't leave you until you find something lol and get onto your two feet. this is why its always important to maintain a strong relationship with family. they should be your no.1 priority. Share this to them, tell them how much you love them and i'm sure they'll be willing to help.
Also life doesn't have to be bad :)
so go out there and give everyone a run for their money. if it doesn't work out switch and laugh if off, life is an experience innit. you cannot fear failing or making the incorrect decision thats just life.
anyways its good to see your reflecting on what to do, some people just randomly choose degrees lol (totally not me :)
again not the end of the world don't beat yourself up. i'm sure theres people who are older than you that got no clue.
damn i should become a public speaker
i dont know how but that was somehow helpful

nourished.

HSC
Whatever you pick, you'll somehow find yourself where you're supposed to be anyways. Don't stress too much about it.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
A combined degree like Engo/Comm is usually a good starting point because it exposes you to a diverse range of subject areas, so you get a bit of everything. Within the first year or two you will then get a better idea of what you like and don't like, which will better inform your decision of what to do going forward (e.g. continue as is, drop one of the degrees, or move to something completely different).

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Choosing a degree at the start doesn't determine what you will do for the rest of your life.

I have come across CVs with candidates from various degrees. Uni is really just a point of entry into various careers.

Switched on people tend to find their feet when they need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)