How safe is the Kingswood campus? (1 Viewer)

recursive

HSC
N/A
I have a reasonably nice bike and I'm a bit worried about security around the Kingswood campus.

Any issues with theft or vandalism, generally? (parked cars, etc.)

How militant are the campus security people? do they give the students much grief for locking up bikes on handrails and posts instead of the bike racks? - the bike racks are bloody horrible, they bend your wheels and damage gears.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
all first years get mugged

its an iniation process

recursive

HSC
N/A
dude... its fucking kingswood.. what do you expect? i mean, really?!
I've heard it's a shithole, but I don't think it'll be any harder than the 7 years I did in parra and long bay so I'm not worried about the locals. I'm just worried about my bike, if I have to kick the shit out of some piece of shit local scumbag it'll fuck up my parole and I'll probably end up back inside.

DTFM

HSC
I've heard it's a shithole, but I don't think it'll be any harder than the 7 years I did in parra and long bay so I'm not worried about the locals. I'm just worried about my bike, if I have to kick the shit out of some piece of shit local scumbag it'll fuck up my parole and I'll probably end up back inside.
You sound like a pretty bad person.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, in all seriousness I've never felt unsafe on the Kingswood campus, there's a lot more people around than on Werrington South, plus you always see security going around in their dinky mobiles. I've never had issues with theft or damage to my car.

As for the safety of your bike, I hope none of the students have light fingers. I'd bring a chain. No idea if security will be annoyed by chaining to handrails though.

Jack-Package

HSC
wait.. no one is on werrington south.. im scared...
just a question kingswood train station has shuttle busses right?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
wait.. no one is on werrington south.. im scared...
just a question kingswood train station has shuttle busses right?
I'll be at Werrington South sometimes, so we can be scared together! Nah there are still people there, but not as many as Kingswood. The student centre and gym are based at Kingswood which may explain the more traffic thing.

During the days is a lot busier than nights and security are around (and can be called if you need them, the number is posted all around campus).

Yep there is a free shuttle bus between Kingswood train station and all three campuses.

lilredelmo

HSC
Can you get the shuttle bus from Kingswood to Werrington Sth (I have lectures and tutes at both and some friends have back to back 1 at K'wood and next at Werrington)?..and are the shuttles free?..and how often do they leave Kingswood?
If not the shuttle between both is it walkable and how long??

LOL..so many questions....AND is it closer to get off train at Werrington for Werrington Sth lectures or Kingswood??Directions please!

THANK YOU

Richos

HSC
Bus Route

That bus service runs from Kingswood Station in a one way direction to the Kingswood campus, then through to the Werrington South Campus, then crossing over the Great Western Highway and heading into the Werrington North Campus, before coming back to the Werrington South Campus and finally back to the Kingswood Campus before returning towards Kingswood station.

Oh and yes, the bus service is free.

Oh and me too, i also have to get to Werrington South quite often too. Is there is a bus service from Werrington Station?

lilredelmo

HSC
Haha Windsor, it's Emma :p

Thanks for the info!

And see you bright and early Monday morning :)

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Kingswood station is closer to Werrington South campus, according to Google Maps. The train line veers more northeast once it leaves Kingswood station, so Werrington station is quite a distance from the Great Western Highway and Werrington South. I don't know of any free shuttle services from Werrington station, just Kingswood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)