Status
Not open for further replies.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
:wave: hey hung

try not to see yourself as bottom ___ try to think of yourself as top ___
like if there are 30 people in your class its better to think you are top 10 than bottom 20 :)
:wave::wave::wave:

haha aww thanks for motivating me , melanie !! =)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Many people go from absolutely no study (or the minimal amount possible i.e. cramming) and then think that they are almost magically going to break these bad habits (which haven't been broken before) and study like crazy during these "holidays"/STUVAC.

Only problem with that is old habits die hard. No doubt you will be left cramming a few days/night before your exams. Instead of thinking "I'm going to do 6 hours today I PROMISE" maybe try for smaller blocks.

Such as: "today I want to complete x and if I get that done I am reward with y but if I get it done before x time I get more y time". Make lists, plans whatever helps. Just make it easier on yourself and not harder by putting all this pressure on yourself, not knowing where to start and starting from a dead stop instead of a slow run.

Best of luck 07ers, I hope my advice is somewhat helpful. Although you will probably read this post and stick with what you are doing now. :p :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
pritnep said:
Many people go from absolutely no study (or the minimal amount possible i.e. cramming) and then think that they are almost magically going to break these bad habits (which haven't been broken before) and study like crazy during these "holidays"/STUVAC.

Only problem with that is old habits die hard. No doubt you will be left cramming a few days/night before your exams. Instead of thinking "I'm going to do 6 hours today I PROMISE" maybe try for smaller blocks.

Such as: "today I want to complete x and if I get that done I am reward with y but if I get it done before x time I get more y time". Make lists, plans whatever helps. Just make it easier on yourself and not harder by putting all this pressure on yourself, not knowing where to start and starting from a dead stop instead of a slow run.

Best of luck 07ers, I hope my advice is somewhat helpful. Although you will probably read this post and stick with what you are doing now. :p :)
Lol I usually take your advice anyway , pritnep.

It works :D !

starrysky

HSC
I was bottom 20 in Maths and Business Studies - horrible. 37th out of 37 for Maths, and 36th out of 40 for Business.

THRILL!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
starrysky said:
I was bottom 20 in Maths and Business Studies - horrible. 37th out of 37 for Maths, and 36th out of 40 for Business.

THRILL!
yikes.

what school do you go to ?

fishy89sg

HSC
ssejamafone said:
gah.... i'm in a paradoxical confusion..... :uhoh:

lol. g'nite Paradox Apprentice..

OMG i was about to say that this was my last post..

starrysky

HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
yikes.

what school do you go to ?
Moorebank High School.

Obviously not in the Top 200. Heh.

My other ranks are average. 1/2 for EE2, 1/5 for EE1, 11/22 for Eng Adv, 13/26 for Biology.

Beege

HSC
The subject I'm feeling most screwed for at the moment would be maths, I keep on stuffing up practice questions :mad1: I just gotta keep on doing practice questions and hopefully I will be fine.

Business is ok except I still can't remember all of the syllabus headings and doint points and I haven't read over my case studies yet. If none of my case studies fit in with the extended response question then its time to make up one cauz we are allowed to haha!

English is going pretty good, I just gotta finish my prepared creative response this weekend and it should fit in with any scenario they could give us but atm I'm screwed for section 1 of paper 1. Plus I need to work on the truman show a bit more.

IPT is going great except I need to improve on normalising, sqls and remember all of the social and ethical issues.

SDD is going pretty good but I haven't done any algorithm practice yet and I'm still unsure about the evolution of programming languages

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
2 weeks is quite alot of time if you put ur mind to it.

But if you can't, two weeks is nothing ><

williams180

HSC
pritnep said:

id take you seriously but your UAI begs to differ

historykidd

HSC
williams180 said:
id take you seriously but your UAI begs to differ
I don't know how it's possible but I hate and love you at the same time williams180.

EDIT:

Thanks for the PM : )

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
historykidd said:
I don't know how it's possible but I hate and love you at the same time williams180.
Wanna join the Paradox Club? :D

on-topic. i am very very very screwed for 4U maths.... i have done NO work whatsoever for it. NO past papers, NO study...............

i'm screwed like a 75W light bulb....

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ssejamafone said:
Wanna join the Paradox Club? :D
LOL, you and your club! :p So who's in so far?

Edit: Well im screwed for math - haven't done anything besides one set of multiple choice questions. Argh! Modern History - wrote one page of notes, but haven't yet started revising properly.

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
LOL, you and your club! :p So who's in so far?
bhahah... :D

IN: ssejamafone, Tanjin, Magpam, Soulsearcher, Hung (though, i don't think he knows yet), fishy89sg

Prospective members: Starrysky

as for being screwed, i repeat, i am VERy screwed for 4U... and i'm pretty screwed for German and Chemistry too... ><"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)