How to achieve a state rank? (1 Viewer)

YOLO_SWAYG

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I'd like to know how to achieve a state rank? Particularly English Advanced. So far I have lost one mark in 70% of my assessments. I've recently completed another assessment but have not received marks. Assuming I do well in trials (worth 15%), is there a chance I could achieve a state rank? I'm not being too optimistic about this since I know I'm competing against thousands of students in higher ranked schools (my school rank 2013: 131 and 2012: 105) but still want to know if there is a possibility, even if it's only slim.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
if you're coming 1st internally, your chances of SR are comparatively higher than the rest of the state
if you can achieve about a 98 externally, thats about a SR in EA

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Regardless of how well you do in internals it is impossible to gauge if you will get a state rank as internals only determine ranking, but getting that 1st at school does help in your favour. Im not quite sure on the exact numbers but a state rank in english is mid 90s raw.

YOLO_SWAYG

HSC
N/A
Thank you!! I am currently ranked 1st in my school for EA so I hope that increases my chances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)