how to apply to selective schools which arent close to where you live (1 Viewer)

Y

yeartenno

apparently you have to give the form in person..
which is kinda lame..
anyone know if you can send it. .?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yeartenno said:
which is kinda lame..
Send it by mail.

Aznmichael92

HSC
lyounamu said:
Send it by mail.
yeah but i think u need to be quick, its due like end of this month.

I should apply for another selective school haha but then again, Fort Street is closer.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
IMABOYDAMON! said:
Why would you apply for another private school when Fort Street is like one of the top schools?

:lol:
Another helpful post?

Anyhow, most of the time, there should be no problems with mailing it. The only time you really need to be there in person is for the Fort Street entrance exam and perhaps an interview if you get an offer.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
yeah but i think u need to be quick, its due like end of this month.

I should apply for another selective school haha but then again, Fort Street is closer.
Apply for S/NS/JR :rolleyes:

bawd

HSC
yeartenno said:
which is kinda lame..
Make sure you send it via Express or Registered post, in case some guy having a bad day at work gets a hold of your post.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
yeartenno said:
which is kinda lame..
You can mail it, but consider this:

If you can't go to the school by person to hand in an application form on one occassion, how do you expect to travel by person, to that school, everyday, should you be accepted?

bawd

HSC
Aplus said:
You can mail it, but consider this:

If you can't go to the school by person to hand in an application form on one occassion, how do you expect to travel by person, to that school, everyday, should you be accepted?
Thanks to the amazing School Student Transport Scheme, compliments of the State Government. ;)

11.Newbie.11

HSC
yeartenno said:
which is kinda lame..
Well by giving it in the person they will have a good impression of u, which could mean a lot.

If u want to send it over the mail, u still have to come it for an interview so it's basically the same shit.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
bawd said:
Thanks to the amazing School Student Transport Scheme, compliments of the State Government. ;)
Just pay for the public transport...

Aznmichael92

HSC
Aplus said:
was planning to but just couldnt be bothered if I made it into one of those school. So annoying have to leave home at like 7:00 where as fort street, I can snooze in till 7:50. fifty minutes of sleep is a lot as I can use that time to pump myself up for a test :D I think if I applied I should be able to make at least one of them.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I would hate to be there. It's too competitive and I would die just being in there. Besides, I love my school, there is no reason to change. :)

Aznmichael92

HSC
lyounamu said:
I would hate to be there. It's too competitive and I would die just being in there. Besides, I love my school, there is no reason to change. :)
No, you will suit that environment as you are really talented but then again, if you are an accelerant at your school, it does not mean you will be an accelerant at another school such as James Ruse. Someone from my school got into James Ruse for Year 11 and was doing Software Technology or something at my school when got into James Ruse, he was pushed down to like a year 10 class...

Aznmichael92

HSC
Charity F said:
That's because Ruse offers an accelarated Software Design/IT course, where the yr9/10 syllabus is completed in year 9, and then the yr11/12 course is completed in year 10, and the HSC exam is taken in year 10.

Thus, that student, who was accelarated to be in a year 11 class, would have been put into the accelarated year 10 class.
omg bloody creeps lol

Aznmichael92

HSC
Charity F said:
*shrugs*

It's probably a really easy course. So what's the point in wasting your time?
thats true. In my opinion most selective schools are the same, however, the HSC results come from the students that sit the exam. James Ruse has always been leading as they are taking up all the top students.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Reminds me of people who transfer to Ruse just because they are in North Sydney lol.

Y

yeartenno

you have to pay an 'administration fee' when you hand in the form .. so how exactly am i supposed to pay the 'fee' if i send it by mail?

& when i get accepted then i can travel
no problem..
but just to hand in a form i have to take a day off school
and 3 of the schools im applying for are pretty far from where i live..

& another thing.
if i was to hand the form in by person i'd hand it in to the schools reception
i dont think their impression of me will really effect if i'll get accepted or not
thats upto other ppl to decide.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Charity F said:
Well that's the whole point of the system, isn't it? To bunch kids together who are at the same level academically.

So there has to be one school who gets the cream of the crop who want to go there. It makes sense.

If Ruse wasn't 'leading' then there'd be a serious problem with the school.

well what i am saying james ruse is not neccesarily the bst school but because it has the best students. Lets see how well they perform if we get the bottom kids to attend their school.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Charity F said:
so what you're saying is that it shouldn't matter which selective school you attend, as long as you attend one? That they are all equal?

First and foremost it is the teachers that make the school.
nooo. OMG. I am saying james ruse does have great teachers but schools like NSGHS isnt that bad either. What am i saying? bad? I reckon teachers can only go up to a certain point (as in how good they are) and then it is upto the students to perform.

I dont agree with the way you say first and formost it is the teachers that make the school. I think students and teachers are equally important in what makes a great school. The best teacher does no neccesarrily make the worse student the best but can make them improve. The best student on the other hand does not maintain their best status if they have a bad teacher.

Aznmichael92

HSC
Charity F said:
Mate, what? You've lost me.

First you said:
i.e. Ruse is leading, but just because they have the top students
That is partly truein why they are coming first every year.

Charity F said:
Yeah ok mate, you've sorta contradicted yourself, and in the process lost your argument. wth are you trying to say?
I am saying that the best teacher will not neccesarily make a student coming last to come first and a student coming fisrst having the worse teacher in the state will probably will not maintain their position as best student. Got that?

Charity F said:
I never said that only Ruse had great teachers. I'm sure that all schools have awesome teachers, selective high schools probably have lots of them. Plus, NSGHS are 2nd top anyway. So not a useful comparison.
fine my school 13th in the state(2007) and think 25th(2006), we still have some weird teachers. Yet vanessa el achi (our dux of 2006) came 1st for legal, 3rd for bio and 5th for chemistry, giving her uai of 100?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)