how to become a secondary science/biology teacher? (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
I was looking at the Bachelor of teaching/Master of Teaching (secondary) at sydney uni, because i was considering being a science + biology teacher

Next year im thinkin of doing a BSc at usyd with a psychology major

i was just looking at the prerequisites for the teaching degree at usyd, for a science (biology) major, and it says...

Biology – 3-year sequence (6 units) in science, with at least 4 units at level 2 or above. Studies must include 4 units in biology and 2 units in either chemistry or physics.

What does that mean? :S
Will i still be able to do my psych major in my BSc?
does it also mean ill be able to teach HSC chemistry or nah?

1to1 Tutor

HSC
N/A
Hello,
It typically requires a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Biology with an education emphasis or minor. To become a teacher is not as easy as it looks, they need to employ various teaching methods to meet students' individual needs, must be able to keep their students on task and engaged.

Thank you!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hello,
It typically requires a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Biology with an education emphasis or minor. To become a teacher is not as easy as it looks, they need to employ various teaching methods to meet students' individual needs, must be able to keep their students on task and engaged.

Thank you!
3 years.

mariannebags

HSC
N/A
You have 2 options- 4 year bachelor of education in science OR 3 year science degree + 1 year dip ed.

If you have a psychology degree, have you considered become a school counsellor?? They get exactly the same pay as a teacher, need a Dip ed I think but then do counselling.

If you want to teach, Psycology is a HSC subject now, although having chem or physics would be better. You generally need second year for one year in a subject to teach that subject to HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)