How to best make use of Holidays before year 11? (1 Viewer)

Killua101

HSC
dude same problem here, i feel guilty if i dont study and plus Asian parents.
Read English books, trust me for adv eng people, reading books is a must

Kaido

be.
HSC
Do 1 hour of each subject everday from 9am-5pm (so 2 hrs of break in total)
Spent the rest of your time:
1) reading ( really helps with english)
2) having a life (post on fb, ig, go out with friends. Impove social skills so you can do well in interviews)
Yeah GL with doing this. #Hopeyoudontdie

mreditor16

HSC
Guys just saying, but at this stage of the HSC, simply 'reading' is not going to do much. It is true your writing skills will hone if you are an avid reader, but I am pretty sure that comes after years of exposure to a variety of different writing styles and forms-- as well as your personal (conscious or subconscious) critiques of the work you are reading. Read for leisure all you want at the moment (or for finding your related texts or whatever), but if you are counting novel-reading as studying, then I think you're fooling yourself into acting as though you are working :)
+1

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
TBH i'd highly recommend spending this holiday period just relaxing and mentally preparing for what is to come. Believe me, this is the last holiday where you can do so without guilt.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Honestly, you can only really prepare for Maths. Because, your school might approach the other subjects in a different way.

Take a Maths textbook (suitable for whatever level you are doing), practise exercises 1-2 hours a day.

Personally for me, I bought Year 11 Economics textbooks and borrowed some to start some reading. You don't need to start preparing for assessment or anything.

Thomas_SSEDU

HSC
Uni Grad
Just relax, If you're already studying with a tutor then keep going. Otherwise enjoy the break, you'll have plenty of time in year 11 to do well in those subjects.

I remember a time when I thought the same thing you did and actually skipped out on going on a family trip to America just to stay back and study! Man did I regret that now looking back. Just relax!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)