How to calculate your ATAR from trial/past paper marks (2 Viewers)

No surprises

HSC
Could you add English EAL/D and Chinese and literature Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lysm my god

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
wld you say this is more or less accurate the better your school ranks?
ranks will probably help no matter what, in the end all of this is just an approximation
better to wait until hsc marks come out lol and then put them into atar compass and matrix and all the other rando ones and then average the estimate

or

just wait until atar comes out

unhealthyharold

HSC
ranks will probably help no matter what, in the end all of this is just an approximation
better to wait until hsc marks come out lol and then put them into atar compass and matrix and all the other rando ones and then average the estimate

or

just wait until atar comes out
defo shld just wait but also i need an ego boost or i’m never going to study

carrotsss

HSC
wld you say this is more or less accurate the better your school ranks?
if you are ranked well in a good school, then this calculator will likely underestimate your ATAR. If you are ranked poorly in a bad school, then this calculator will likely overestimate your ATAR.

Your moderated school assessment marks make up 50% of your HSC marks and I obviously physically can’t account for them, this calculator just assumes that they’re the same as your aligned exam marks which is unlikely unless you’re ranked first.

unhealthyharold

HSC
if you are ranked well in a good school, then this calculator will likely underestimate your ATAR. If you are ranked poorly in a bad school, then this calculator will likely overestimate your ATAR.

Your moderated school assessment marks make up 50% of your HSC marks and I obviously physically can’t account for them, this calculator just assumes that they’re the same as your aligned exam marks which is unlikely unless you’re ranked first.
i’m ranked absolute ass in a top 10 schl so i’m cancelling it out therefore the calculator is 100% accurate 🙏🙏🙏🙏 + thanks for this ur spreadsheet skills are magnificent 😍😍

not the kevin

HSC
hi, carrots, which subject has similar scaling as Japanese beginner? so i can put my trial marking into the calculator to see the prediction of my atar! thx!

carrotsss

HSC
hi, carrots, which subject has similar scaling as Japanese beginner? so i can put my trial marking into the calculator to see the prediction of my atar! thx!
I just checked and while there isn’t any alignment data for Japanese beginners so I can’t say with certainty, it should be approximately similar to PDHPE, which if I had to guess would have slightly worse alignment but it does have slightly better scaling so it should cancel out

dsakvyilsa

HSC
I just checked and while there isn’t any alignment data for Japanese beginners so I can’t say with certainty, it should be approximately similar to PDHPE, which if I had to guess would have slightly worse alignment but it does have slightly better scaling so it should cancel out
if i'm ranked first at a terribly performing school, my assessment mark should just be very similar to my exam mark right? (assuming I get the highest exam mark)

carrotsss

HSC
if i'm ranked first at a terribly performing school, my assessment mark should just be very similar to my exam mark right? (assuming I get the highest exam mark)
Your exam mark and school assessment mark will be identical in that case, so this calculator should be quite accurate as long as the raw marks themselves are accurate

Awesome8r

HSC
Your exam mark and school assessment mark will be identical in that case, so this calculator should be quite accurate as long as the raw marks themselves are accurate
the atar it gives me seems a bit high.

Awesome8r

HSC
if you’re using it correctly (ie with a paper marked fairly and that is similar to last years hsc in difficulty) then it’ll be accurate
so you need a combination of 50s and 60s to get an atar of 80?

carrotsss

HSC
How does raw 70s give an atar close to the 90s
don’t ask me, ask nesa - scaling is just good

if you want to verify yourself try finding raw marks on https://rawmarks.info and then entering their aligned equivalent into ATAR compass and compare to the result you get by putting those raw marks into my calculator

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)