How to control your dreams? (1 Viewer)

Dream-Big

HSC
Uni Grad
My advice is:
- Think about somebody oyu love. Then it's like you are controllign in real life but you are not because you are in youd reams. This is good

turntaker

HSC
i had sleep paralysis 3 times in the same week. Scary stuff..

I had to get a priest to clear the demons from my room.

jk about the priest

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I've been having nightmares on and off for my entire childhood, and never realise what is considered a 'good dream'. Anyone who does or have had experience of lucid dreaming or being able to control their dreams want to guide me in the right direction?
I picked up lucid dreaming as a hobby two years ago, gave up and now I'm trying again. I've managed to have roughly 5 lucid dreams so far. The steps to achieve it are the same for everyone:

1. Do reality checks
2. Keep a dream journal
3. Attempt methods such as Mnemonic/Wake/Finger Induced Lucid Dreaming

The ones I had most success with is All Day Awareness, where you become OCD and pay attention to every tiny single detail until the habit is incorporated into your dream. Most other people have recently had success with Finger Induced Lucid Dreaming (FILD) so search that up.

And regarding nightmares, I too used to have really nasty nightmares. You just have to (with intention) embrace it and they eventually go away.

Lethal Toxin

HSC
Done it a few times, drains your day though. but it is an incredible experience, here are the steps (from my experience)

1. Induce sleep paralysis, wake up 1-2 hours earlier than usual, than go back to sleep facing the ceiling (if you have a faint ringing sound in your ears try to concentrate on it).

2. Once in you are completely paralyzed, do not panic and have a clear mind or else fears manifest as hallucinations (not harmful just annoying but can be extremely frightening, so be prepared to see the grudge or something, but remember there nothing but figments of your subconscious fear, i.e not real)

3. From this point on there will be a massive ringing in your ears, hold on to that sound and it will amplify REALLY loud.

4. Now from here you will either go into a lucid dream or experience a OBE (astral projection)

5. Too lucid dream close your eyes whilst in sleep paralysis and try and lock out all stimulus around you, and eventually you will fade into a dream and be in complete conscious control of it.

6. Too experience an OBE, Amplify the sound in step 3, this will eventually lead to you slowly being released from your body, whatever you do, do not experience intense emotions i.e. fear, happiness and excitement. If you do you will abruptly wake up. If not you will feel your self detach from your body, from this point everything is guided from conscious control, including flying (this is NOT leaving your body into reality, you are exploring your own mind, which will be very similar to our reality)

Now there is a bit more to these steps, but that is the basics, most important thing to do after these experiences is to write them down as soon as you wake up, and do it for a few months and eventually your experiences in sleep will be indistinguishable from reality itself. Note, this may or may not work for you, this is just what i do whenever i get the chance to enter sleep paralysis and experience a lucid dream.

Good luck

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
Done it a few times, drains your day though. but it is an incredible experience, here are the steps (from my experience)

1. Induce sleep paralysis, wake up 1-2 hours earlier than usual, than go back to sleep facing the ceiling (if you have a faint ringing sound in your ears try to concentrate on it).

2. Once in you are completely paralyzed, do not panic and have a clear mind or else fears manifest as hallucinations (not harmful just annoying but can be extremely frightening, so be prepared to see the grudge or something, but remember there nothing but figments of your subconscious fear, i.e not real)

3. From this point on there will be a massive ringing in your ears, hold on to that sound and it will amplify REALLY loud.

4. Now from here you will either go into a lucid dream or experience a OBE (astral projection)

5. Too lucid dream close your eyes whilst in sleep paralysis and try and lock out all stimulus around you, and eventually you will fade into a dream and be in complete conscious control of it.

6. Too experience an OBE, Amplify the sound in step 3, this will eventually lead to you slowly being released from your body, whatever you do, do not experience intense emotions i.e. fear, happiness and excitement. If you do you will abruptly wake up. If not you will feel your self detach from your body, from this point everything is guided from conscious control, including flying (this is NOT leaving your body into reality, you are exploring your own mind, which will be very similar to our reality)

Now there is a bit more to these steps, but that is the basics, most important thing to do after these experiences is to write them down as soon as you wake up, and do it for a few months and eventually your experiences in sleep will be indistinguishable from reality itself. Note, this may or may not work for you, this is just what i do whenever i get the chance to enter sleep paralysis and experience a lucid dream.

Good luck
Look at dattt. we've got a prof. right here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)