How to control your dreams? (1 Viewer)

User5555555

HSC
Every night I try to plan out my dreams. When I'm awake, I always think about things I could have done to escape an inextricable nightmare. However, when I do dream, I have no control over it. I've been having nightmares on and off for my entire childhood, and never realise what is considered a 'good dream'. Anyone who does or have had experience of lucid dreaming or being able to control their dreams want to guide me in the right direction?

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Yeah I have the same problem with dreams, though I've only had really bad nightmares a few times (still scared when I woke up). Sorry, I don't actually know how to but maybe you could try searching on Google or booking an appointment with a psychologist or something, they might have some ideas.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I think my friends have done it before...apparently its really spooky? like your body kind of tingles and you're half-aware of waht's going on, but you're not at the same time? But my friend did do it and successfully controlled her dreams. I think you need a quiet place.

If you're having on and off nightmares, maybe you should see a psychologist to deal with the root of them if it's really worrying you. Or you could see a hypnosis

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
I always pull my hair when i have nightmares

martino1234

HSC
N/A
I don't think you can control your dreams but it might be possible to have nightmares by watching horror movies.

koreafantasy

HSC
you tend to dream of what you really really like, want, or love. or you tend to dream about past traumatic experiences. so focus your mind on that SO, or anything that makes you feel a lot happier. me, i dreamt about going to stereo and meeting avicii and i remember he was super super nice.

JustDance

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Well, there are some methods and skills you need to work on, as they say. I never tried really much of it.

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
It happend to me few times that I was in control of a dream, knowing I'm dreaming. But only for brief moments. Damn I wish that would happen more often..

studyfulton

HSC
N/A
I've managed it once and for a very short time. Then I woke up. I’ve heard people speak of triggers and, for me, on that occasion, I recognised that a squirrel sitting on a fence was actually stuffed. I know, slightly bizarre. I haven't managed to see it since and so no lucid dreams. If you're suffering from night terrors though there are a few simple things that you can change and notice some benefit. Quality of sleep is very important and you should always start with where you are sleeping. If you have an old mattress and bed clothes it might be time for a change. Take a look at the memory foam mattress toppers for an affordable way to add a bit more comfort. I promise it can really make a difference when you are fully rested at night.

Last edited:

williamdaft

HSC
Not everyone experience lucid dreams, but I've always been able to control me dreams. It's really weird.. When your dreams get to the point where you feel that you are doing something incredibly stupid (in your dream), you tend to know it but not wake up yet.. and for some people, you can control what happens to make an event a satisfying one or a funny, interesting one. It only occurs for some people but most people should experience a lucid dream at least a few times in their lifetime. There's been a few dreams where I haven't been able to lucid dream and that's nightmares, they scare the crap outta me when a ghost or something kills you from behind or something.. but that happens rarely for me.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
If you wake up in the middle of the night, try falling back to sleep (ASAP) with the dream scenario you want in mind - this is almost always successful for me.

Other than that, during dreams I often recognize that I am dreaming (because nothing looks quite right, and stupid shit always happens). Sometimes I play along, other times it seems that I can change the course of events. More often than not though, I can't do anything and I feel like I am locked in my head, and I know my body is paralysed with sleep. Weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)