How to deal with disappointment (1 Viewer)

Peanut butter jam

HSC
Hi there,
recently I just finished my preliminary exams and I felt like I did okay for most of them. However, I think I have failed my physics exam which is the subject that I particularly love and dedicated all my effort into. I was ranked pretty high in previous internal school assessments but I am 100% sure that this time my ranks will drop because of my poor performance. I am scared to face my teacher because I really don’t wanna disappoint her and the expectation she has had on me due to my good marks for past exams.
Any tips for dealing with these emotions?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Basically just have to reflect on why you did bad and fix mistakes before HSC starts I guess. It is what it is, almost everyone stuffs up at times in their academic life, it's just about getting back up to do better next time.

AKONS

HSC
My one bit of advice is to accept that what's happened has already happened and can't be changed. By not dwelling on the past you can put more energy into planning and working for your future and reaping the rewards. Prelims don't count and you don't have to stress about teacher's opinions. As far as I remember how much a teacher likes or hates their student isn't measured by their ATAR.

I wish you the best with getting past this. You're not alone. This website has a lot of people in similar situations that all are willing to offer their hand out to help.

Good luck Peanut butter jam :)

Last edited:

Peanut butter jam

HSC
Basically just have to reflect on why you did bad and fix mistakes before HSC starts I guess. It is what it is, almost everyone stuffs up at times in their academic life, it's just about getting back up to do better next time.
Thx for the advice ~

Peanut butter jam

HSC
My one bit of advice is to accept that what's happened has already happened and can't be changed. By not dwelling on the past you can put more energy into planning and working for your future and reaping the rewards. Prelims don't count and you don't have to stress about teacher's opinions. As far as I remember how much a teacher likes or hates their student isn't measured by their ATAR.

I wish you the best with getting past this. You're not alone. This website has a lot of people in similar situations that all are willing to offer their hadn out to help.

Good luck Peanut butter jam :)
Thank you so much !

beetree1

HSC
Prelims barely matter, dont even stress about it just enjoy life in the last month until ur hsc year comes up!!!!

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
Hi there,
recently I just finished my preliminary exams and I felt like I did okay for most of them. However, I think I have failed my physics exam which is the subject that I particularly love and dedicated all my effort into. I was ranked pretty high in previous internal school assessments but I am 100% sure that this time my ranks will drop because of my poor performance. I am scared to face my teacher because I really don’t wanna disappoint her and the expectation she has had on me due to my good marks for past exams.
Hey don’t stress about it! I just had my Chem exam today and I don’t think I went very well either, however that’s not gonna stop me from improving and reflecting on what I didn’t do correctly. In life it’s okay to make mistakes and it happens to all of us, after all there’s no such thing as “perfect”. If we as humans were always perfect, life would be just boring and we wouldn’t have anywhere to improve. So firstly as people have said above don’t worry about your marks right now as it’s just Year 11. Perhaps in the holidays plan a different approach to study or school in general which you could take with you in Year 12 and it may even be strategies which are transferable to uni. Remember at the end of the day we aren’t just at school to achieve marks, we’re there to learn. So keep your head up and your mindset positive because as long as you’re determined on what you want to do you can do anything you like.

idkkdi

HSC
Hey don’t stress about it! I just had my Chem exam today and I don’t think I went very well either, however that’s not gonna stop me from improving and reflecting on what I didn’t do correctly. In life it’s okay to make mistakes and it happens to all of us, after all there’s no such thing as “perfect”. If we as humans were always perfect, life would be just boring and we wouldn’t have anywhere to improve. So firstly as people have said above don’t worry about your marks right now as it’s just Year 11. Perhaps in the holidays plan a different approach to study or school in general which you could take with you in Year 12 and it may even be strategies which are transferable to uni. Remember at the end of the day we aren’t just at school to achieve marks, we’re there to learn. So keep your head up and your mindset positive because as long as you’re determined on what you want to do you can do anything you like.
100% is "perfect". :)

Peanut butter jam

HSC
Yes I think you are right, maybe I should try a different approach and have some good mind set. Anyway thanks for your help !

DrduskReborn

HSC
Hi there,
I really recommend listening to some motivational videos off YouTube. I ended year 11 with massive disappointments too in most of my subjects especially english. Motivation videos helped heaps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)