How to do English?~ (haha.. grammer not so good) (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
hi... erm... I did quiet crap on my English trials. Especially on the Changing (LOoking for Alibrandi) question, and i sort of blamed this upon the teacher who was marking that section being a retard... ^_^.. but now I'm not so sure.
I mostly looked upon the language features that contributed to make meaning and the effects of this on the text and related it to change, am i doing my english wrong? that's how ive been writing it the whole year, with a big big focus on language techniques, features and the effect of this, and I'm ranked third in ENglish. However, whenever i read study guides about LFA, i find that most of it centers around the plot and characters, so maybe i'm doing it wrong? when i asked the teacher that marked my question, he bought out a study guide and said that he wanted me to mention stuff like that of the study guide..... so.. am I totally of the track? or is the marker wrong? :( I'm confused cause my teacher has always emphathised the importance of language features and its effect upon meaning..

PoLaRbEaR

The Bear
HSC
i did pretty crap on this question too...
the language features are not the only thing that you should talk about...remember that this is about change..talk about the themes and Josie's views about certain issues and how they change as the novel pregresses. Examples include her ethnicity and traditions such as Tomato Day. Talk about her relationships with other characters, for example between Josie and Poison Ivy and how at the end 'she was just Ivy'.

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
OOh.. Ok ... thanks alot.. because I haven't really talked about that AT ALL... so now i know why i got such a crappy essay and mark ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)