• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How to do well in a Listening Task? (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
Hey guys, I have a listening task coming up and I was curious how do you do well? An excerpt in our prescribed Shakespearean text will be played twice followed by a set of questions - most likely three regarding characterisation, language techniques as well as the concept of the topic itself. How can you study for this? I'm not really familiar with listening tasks, I'm pretty good at retaining information, but how are you suppose to retain various techniques along with quotes fairly well. And also, the scenes are unknown.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

mellie.c

HSC
we got told before our listening task (it was an unknown text) to listen to songs and such,picking up on how they appeal to a target audience,language techniques and such and how they evoke specific themes.maybe for you,you could go through a variety of texts and pick out how characterisation is made through dialogue alone...or you could go through each scene and for each character pick out lines for them.
get to know the entire text.your notes will serve you when studying for hsc exam if they arent all relevent to this task.

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
was thinking about this but i never ended up doing a listening task.. was thinking of learning symbols for eg, S=simile and stuff like that, cause i heard that you only get to listen to it twice and then u start writting so yeah. i guess they sorta save time and allow u to jott down more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)