How to enter Dentistry (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
no you can do the gamsat in the second last or last year of your degree and apply during the last year if you get the necessary gamsat cutoff.

then you will have an interview around august and if successful you will be granted a provisional offer.

but they still expect you to finish your undergrad degree with a 5.5 GPA after that before they give you a final offer.
Just to confirm - you're allowed to do the GAMSAT in the penultimate and in the last year and choose to submit the better result roite?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Just to confirm - you're allowed to do the GAMSAT in the penultimate and in the last year and choose to submit the better result roite?
Yes u have 2 opportunities to sit it. But not sure if they take the better one or the most recent

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes u have 2 opportunities to sit it. But not sure if they take the better one or the most recent
you have get a different number each time you do the test, just apply with the better score's number. duh.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
you have get a different number each time you do the test, just apply with the better score's number. duh.
its not that simple as applying with the better score. unis get the score directly from ACER and i know for the umat, unis take the most recent score (except UNSW iirc) even though ur score is valid for 2 years. so say u get 85 first time, as soon as take the test again that score gets wiped clean and whatever u get on ur 2nd try is what the unis get from ACER.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
its not that simple as applying with the better score. unis get the score directly from ACER and i know for the umat, unis take the most recent score (except UNSW iirc) even though ur score is valid for 2 years. so say u get 85 first time, as soon as take the test again that score gets wiped clean and whatever u get on ur 2nd try is what the unis get from ACER.
nope. Wrong.

I applied with UMAT as did a few friends, this year. I used the most recent but I have friends that used the score from the year before (the latest wouldn't have got them any interviews) so like lol.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha yes
Hey screw you guys, I don't have suicidal tendencies... Yet that is ;P

OP do UMAT, if you're not rural you will struggle to get into non-rural orientated dent unis (others ex CSU and JCU). Other than that do your own research, it'll help you make your mind up on the uni preference and you'll learn what you have to do to be eligible. Get in early, JCU and CSU have supplementary applications you have to submit around August->October.

And as a FYI Dent at CSU is only at Orange. Oral Health is Wagga campus.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, the rural orientated schools are lenient with ATAR. Generally minimum of 90. Other unis you're going to need 99+ to have a really good chance.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
nope. Wrong.

I applied with UMAT as did a few friends, this year. I used the most recent but I have friends that used the score from the year before (the latest wouldn't have got them any interviews) so like lol.
well it was like that a few years back, and by the looks of things they've changed the rules again.
http://umat.acer.edu.au/results/

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
im saying they changed it again so u can no longer use the better score since its only valid for 1 year now.
Well, obvi.

But like, GAMSAT you can use the better score, which was what I said.

AWKIES.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)