How to get a 99.95 + State Rankings (1 Viewer)

welbeck11

HSC
wow feeling so guilty now coz ur studying more than me and I only have like 40-odd days till my HSC ...

Pfortune35

HSC
slow down,

try finish just the stuff youll be tested on in half yearly these holidays, then term one will be all revision and go well in half yearlies(these are really important).

aksfi

HSC
N/A
Gotta face reality - if you are ranked 30 in your school, then you won't get 99.95 - max been 4-6 99.95 at any given school - even if you are at a top 10 school, you are looking at 99.6-99.7

Sanjeet

HSC
Gotta face reality - if you are ranked 30 in your school, then you won't get 99.95 - max been 4-6 99.95 at any given school - even if you are at a top 10 school, you are looking at 99.6-99.7
SMH. His school's rank is 30 not his actual rank. He hasn't even started year 12 yet.

HSC
I know a guy who got 99.95 from a 370 ranked school...
He got rank 1 for everything.
If you get rank 1 for all subjects your school rank is irrelevant, what determines your ATAR is your own marks in the externals.

aksfi

HSC
N/A
not saying that it is your school, it is the position within your school and at 30, or even 10 you cannot get 99.95 even at Ruse.

starryblue

HSC
I know a guy who got 99.95 from a 370 ranked school...
He got rank 1 for everything.
If you get rank 1 for all subjects your school rank is irrelevant, what determines your ATAR is your own marks in the externals.
agreed...though they say 50% of internals and 50% of externals determines ur atar, i heard that if u do better in externals, ur internal rank is raised?

SunnyScience

HSC
How is it even physically possible to learn the content of 6 subjects in the space of 4 months?

HSC
agreed...though they say 50% of internals and 50% of externals determines ur atar, i heard that if u do better in externals, ur internal rank is raised?
If you don't get rank 1 in all subjects, your internal mark will be dependent on your school rank.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm hesitant to say this, but I can sense some real dedication and drive from you so you could do it.

Don't burnt out, work consistently and set small goals along the way i.e short term, term goals, assessment goals to lead to your desired ATAR. That's what I did and even though I didn't achieve every goal I set, I'm on track for my desired ATAR of 95 :)

HSC
I'm hesitant to say this, but I can sense some real dedication and drive from you so you could do it.

Don't burnt out, work consistently and set small goals along the way i.e short term, term goals, assessment goals to lead to your desired ATAR. That's what I did and even though I didn't achieve every goal I set, I'm on track for my desired ATAR of 95 :)
Good luck man, you are a boss at English. I've heard about the short term goals strategy from lots of people, I'm sure it works.
Good luck with externals mate :)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Maybe go outside and have fun with your friends?

Deliriously

HSC
You're on the right track!
Definitely going to achieve an outstanding ATAR if you keep this mindset.
What I believe is that you should set short term goals instead of looking in the long run.
What do you hope to achieve in a week? You can adjust your study plan more easily than just setting an goal that you will never meet then be disappointed afterwards. Like 500 past papers per subject? Seems too unreasonable 500x5x1.5 (avg time 1.5h) = ~150 days STRAIGHT

russ3l

HSC
"Burning out" is not a factor for OP. The med course will be 7 years long, he will have to do internship+residency and he will have to work long hours (depending on what specialty he wants to do). So really, even he does burn out, it won't be a bad thing. And vice versa, if he doesn't burn out, then that's a bonus.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Hello everyone,
So I went to a tutoring company (as a year 12 student) in year 11 and did the HSC course for Chemistry, Physics, MX1 and MX2.
Since I completed the course already I want to use my time most effectively this year to get into med at USyd which required 99.95, I also want to get some state rankings. I do MX1, MX2, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Advanced English. School rank around 30.
My plan is to:
Complete my own notes for chemistry, physics and biology before January.
Do every single questions for MX1 and MX2 in the Terry Lee and Cambridge textbooks. Work on improving both speed and accuracy in maths.
I started doing past papers already, I want to get as many of them done before next year as physically possible. About 500 or so for each subject?
Buy English essays from ex-HSC students, read them all, then write my own essays and learn them very well so I can adapt to different questions in the exam.

Can anyone please tell me if what I'm doing is the right thing to do and how I can improve my study plan?

Thanks to anyone that provided useful advice :)
notsureifsrs

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone,
So I went to a tutoring company (as a year 12 student) in year 11 and did the HSC course for Chemistry, Physics, MX1 and MX2.
Since I completed the course already I want to use my time most effectively this year to get into med at USyd which required 99.95, I also want to get some state rankings. I do MX1, MX2, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Advanced English. School rank around 30.
My plan is to:
Complete my own notes for chemistry, physics and biology before January.
Do every single questions for MX1 and MX2 in the Terry Lee and Cambridge textbooks. Work on improving both speed and accuracy in maths.
I started doing past papers already, I want to get as many of them done before next year as physically possible. About 500 or so for each subject?
Buy English essays from ex-HSC students, read them all, then write my own essays and learn them very well so I can adapt to different questions in the exam.

Can anyone please tell me if what I'm doing is the right thing to do and how I can improve my study plan?

Thanks to anyone that provided useful advice :)
I'm speaking as an executive member of the Combined Medicine Association at the University of Sydney.

1. The fire that you have burning inside you right now - keep it alive until the very last day, and you'll get it. You're definitely on the right track. Acing maths, phys and chem is straightforward with the right help. Make sure you get a high achiever to check your answers.
2. There is no mention of English in your post, which is alarming. It's the most important subject.
3. Most important of all, get involved with leadership activities, such as the prefect/SRC board. You need excellent communication skills if you're to be a successful member of COMA, and also in life.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)