How to get to Bankstown campus??? (1 Viewer)

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
ok can sum1 here tell me the directions to get to the Bankstown campus from Bankstown station

i live in lidcombe, all i know so far is taht u catch a train to bankstown an after that im lost
like where s the bus stop?and is there a timetable for when the buses come taht i can view over the net? an wats the bus number(S) taht take me directly to the campus

ne info would be greatly appreciated

ta

michelleanne

HSC
IP_freely said:
ok can sum1 here tell me the directions to get to the Bankstown campus from Bankstown station

i live in lidcombe, all i know so far is taht u catch a train to bankstown an after that im lost
like where s the bus stop?and is there a timetable for when the buses come taht i can view over the net? an wats the bus number(S) taht take me directly to the campus

ne info would be greatly appreciated

ta
I too will be going to bankstown for the 1st time this year.

Refer to the following web address for bus info:

http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminorg/devint/cwf/services/bus

Jacks

HSC
hey,

Connex bus company goes from Bankstown station via the UWS campus...the front of the bus says something like "East Hills, via milperra uni" I come from East Hills so I don't really do the trip much. I think it costs about $1.50 for a student unless prices have changed. To get the bus you have to walk across to the bus stop, which I think you can see from the station, though it isn't directly outside and the bus number is 922 and runs half hourly you can go here http://www.connexnsw.com.au for specific details on times and fares etc. :) and see http://www.connexnsw.com.au/services/922_925.pdf for specific details about the 922 route.

j_davo24

HSC
Just adding to what Jacks has said, it's bus shelter number 7 i think. on the southern side of the station. I think if you go to the top of the stairs at the station, turn left and then turn left again just walk down the street bout 100m and it's shelter 7.

Jacks

HSC
ok that's for clearing that up, as I don't do it myself I'm not really sure...I've only even gone from uni to bankstown station once. I'm sure there will be other students you can follow from the station to the bus shelter when you have your times and everything else sorted...it seemed pretty easy to spot when I did it so I'm sure you'll be fine :) Let us know if you need any other help though ;)

j_davo24

HSC
I've only done it once or twice, I live at milperra, so it's only when I go into bankstown on my own, which isn't very often. Lol.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
j_davo24 said:
Just adding to what Jacks has said, it's bus shelter number 7 i think. on the southern side of the station. I think if you go to the top of the stairs at the station, turn left and then turn left again just walk down the street bout 100m and it's shelter 7.

Is that the Bankstown square side?

dediho

HSC
you'll see a big commonwelth bank..thats the right side.. if ur on the side with 7/11, ur on the wrong side!!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i heard u can just catch a train to panania station and walk to the campus
would that be better..or a bus from bankstown is better?

Jonathan A

HSC
In relation to the Bankstown to Campus service, you can get eother the 922, but apparently according to Transit First, their service 860 to Liverpool will also be permitted to provide Bankstown to UWS services.

j_davo24

HSC
soha said:
i heard u can just catch a train to panania station and walk to the campus
would that be better..or a bus from bankstown is better?
It's a fair walk. Probably between 2-3kms. Maybe slightly less, but alot of trains don't stop at panania. You can either catch the bus from bankstown, or that same bus goes to East Hills station. They come every half-hour I think. The timetable is on the connex website anyway. You could walk, but you wouldn't want to be running late. Lol.

liz

HSC
Yep I go to uni by transport all the time. The best way is to catch the train to east hills station or bankstown station. The bus cost $1.50 each way. From bansktown its about a 20 minute bus ride and from east hills about 10 minutes. The bus is the 922 and it drops you off right at the front gate of the uni and picks you back up at the same place. At bankstown go to bus stop 7 and at east hills theres only one bus stop just in front of the station.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i caught the 922 from bankstown to milperra yesterday
was o.k...a bit longer then i expected and the bus was 15 minutes late
im still yet to catch a train to panania...which i will try one day
but its out of my way coz i have to get a train to redfern and change or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)