How to increase appetite? (1 Viewer)

inJust

HSC
Hey guys,

Do you guys know how to increase your appetite? Sometimes, I feel like I don't eat enough... And then this slows down my metabolism and I end up gaining weight. How can I increase my appetite to eat more?

deswa1

HSC
Run? I know that when I run a lot I can eat anything. Its not just that day as well. If I have a few weeks of solid training, I can easily eat 10 Weetbix for breakfast...

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
If you want to increase your appetite, exercise. I find swimming in particular leaves me utterly famished. If you find that your appetite is particularly poor in the morning, this may be a sign that you're getting insufficient sleep. This is because hormones are released when you go to sleep to stop you from being hungry and promote the liberation of fat molecules from your adipose tissue to use as energy so you don't have to eat for the duration of your sleep. If you don't sleep enough, these hormones may not have had enough time to leave your system.

However, it's a little strange to suggest that not eating enough is casuing weight gain. Metabolism is a lot more complciated than you're making it out to be, but any increase in metabolism would be offset by an increase in calories consumed.

If you're worried about your weight, I would recommend removing entirely from your diet refined carbohydrates, such as sugar (esp. liquids like soft drink/juice), flour, and alcohol, and seeing if this helps.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I need to increase my appetite as well. I need to gain weight though :(

mattmatt0560

HSC
Smoke some weed about 45 minutes before you want to eat. Should have no problem eating :spin:

Green Pup

HSC
^Not cool.
Even though I exercise a lot, I don't eat much. That, or my mother's cooking is terrible enough to turn off my appetite.

eunice08

HSC
maybe by knowing your favorite dish, for sure you will increase your appetite for that.

Dash8

HSC
Apparently, eating a large breakfast and then having a smaller sized lunch and dinner with small snacks in between is the best way to go. For me, I have a huge breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and then like a milo an hour before I go to bed. I think this contributes to having a faster metabolism and is the most natural way for humans to eat. Obviously, the food needs to be healthy too. I think the worst thing that people do is skip breakfast and have huge dinners which is stupid because a few hours after dinner you go to sleep?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)