How to prepare for trials/HSC (1 Viewer)

0wl

HSC
Hey guys, just wanted to know: how do you guys study or prepare for English exams?

Getting sick of writing essays!

oyuck

HSC
Unfortunately, writing essays is the way to go! :-(
Tried and tested.

hayabusaboston

HSC
haha, I just dont write anything for english lol. My natural level of ability is already reasonable (rank 7/21 after half of yr 12, everyone ranked better is doing extension english so I guess im the top student doing only advanced :p) so I feel I dont want to waste my time pushing for a band 6 when I am already probably going to get 80 something, which I am more than happy with.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeah I just wrote essays, it's really all you can do for english
It's essentially just like past papers, as you're answering questions

For the AOS part A though, I did a lot of them before trials as I didn't think I was any good at them

0wl

HSC
I dont want to just sit here writing essays and making the same mistakes though. It's not really something they're helping me with at school.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I dont want to just sit here writing essays and making the same mistakes though. It's not really something they're helping me with at school.
Have you gone up to your teachers?
Go ask them to mark your papers and ask them to show/tell you where you went wrong and possibly how to improve

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
There's not much you can do other than write essays, hand it to your teacher/tutor and get feedback on them because that's what the trial is.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
haha, I just dont write anything for english lol. My natural level of ability is already reasonable (rank 7/21 after half of yr 12, everyone ranked better is doing extension english so I guess im the top student doing only advanced :p) so I feel I dont want to waste my time pushing for a band 6 when I am already probably going to get 80 something, which I am more than happy with.
nek min band 3

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, just wanted to know: how do you guys study or prepare for English exams?

Getting sick of writing essays!
Writing essays is the way to go (as boring as it is), don't heed to haya advice.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)