how to prepare (1 Viewer)

Affinity

HSC
My advice:
Never look at solutions before you finish a question.

7 integration drills + 3 differentiation question + 10 algebra drills per day. (skip if you are good)

Don't be obsessed with papers but instead, do textbook questions -> cambridge and coroneous. work through them carefully, this will give you a solid understanding of the topic as opposed to 'I can do some specific question in the papers'.

Last edited:

nike33

hmm just wondering is it worthwhile even attempting to do some of the olympiad qns in preperation for qn 8? (there are on buchanans site)

Affinity

HSC
olympiad questions might require quite a bit of knowledge outside HSC (hence alot of irrelevant material), and the average time to solve each is around 40 or so minutes? I don't recommend that for practice.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Affinity
olympiad questions might require quite a bit of knowledge outside HSC (hence alot of irrelevant material), and the average time to solve each is around 40 or so minutes? I don't recommend that for practice.
Yeah- unless ur ppl. like turtle- for who the solutions to hsc questions comes out like a reflex action. :D

anyways-i'm sure there plenty of "question 8's" to keep u occupied anyways! :p

Archman

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Affinity
olympiad questions might require quite a bit of knowledge outside HSC
"a bit" of an understatement u reckon? :)

A

abdo

i don't think alot is even a word.

so how many papers have you done my friends? hopefully you all did less than me... i have done a staggering 7.5 papers during my short life, now thats a lot by anyone's standards. :)
Affinity said:
My advice:
Never look at solutions before you finish a question.
why never my friend? shouldn't it be try not to if possible?

i found that my math marks increased dramatically when i memorized the solutions before hand, and that is not a joke. ;)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
abdo said:
i don't think alot is even a word.

so how many papers have you done my friends? hopefully you all did less than me... i have done a staggering 7.5 papers during my short life, now thats a lot by anyone's standards. :)
why never my friend? shouldn't it be try not to if possible?

i found that my math marks increased dramatically when i memorized the solutions before hand, and that is not a joke. ;)
Done at least 50-60 papers including 3 and 4u.

A

abdo

withoutaface said:
Done at least 50-60 papers including 3 and 4u.
tell me your name and i'll be looking out for you in sydney mourning herald...

crap, i miscounted, i've only done 5.5 papers actually... i shouldn't be doing accounting next year then.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
abdo said:
tell me your name and i'll be looking out for you in sydney mourning herald...

crap, i miscounted, i've only done 5.5 papers actually... i shouldn't be doing accounting next year then.
Hahahaha theres no way I'll be in the top 20 for anything. Maybe a couple of band 6's.

A

abdo

withoutaface said:
Hahahaha theres no way I'll be in the top 20 for anything. Maybe a couple of band 6's.
lol. thats good enough... you'll still be in the papers. is that your face on the avatar?[oh the irony... withoutaface. lol] i'll be looking for your face in the papers then if you do not want to reveal your name on the net.

tell me my friend, how do you manage 60 papers?

A

abdo

trees i reckon, its some form of chemical compound cellulose or something.

i never study for any other subjects either, but i still could not manage... maybe its because i played too much cm, civ3 and d2

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Jesus Christ said:
And where do you get so many papers?
Buchanan's site, teacher, MANSW past paper books, back of Cambridge, 3u paper book i borrowed from library etc etc

Rorix

HSC
guys, get off his back:p just because you do X papers doesn't mean you're going to go superwell:p. If that was the case, everyone would just do a lot of papers.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
at the moment i've revised three chapters (yeh i'm already gonna fail!! exam in one week and three days!!). After i've revised them, i did qns on each of those chapters from the 4u maths book hsc past papers by topic. Quite helpful. I should do another chapter today (but i can't grasp volumes!! damn radii)

oh, and withoutaface, i am expecting you to get top ten in the state!!
Ahahahaha I'm only top 7 in my class, although teacher expects about 8-9 to get band 6's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)