How to pull this off (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
Yep, and they all pay minimum wage. If you're lucky you can get into events catering and occasionally get tips from tourists who don't know better. Barista is also an option. If you're doing bar work you may as well get RCG because some places won't hire you unless you can work the pokies as well.

TBH if you're just out of school, you're most likely to be hired because companies can pay you minimum wage.
No they are not? Are you serious right now...? Minimum wage is fast food stores, not most hospitality jobs (and definitely not "all").

I was getting $23 an hour, and minimum wage is half that. I also know people working at RSL clubs and similar doing bar work etc. definitely not getting minimum wage, AND getting tips.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
No they are not? Are you serious right now...? Minimum wage is fast food stores, not most hospitality jobs (and definitely not "all").

I was getting $23 an hour, and minimum wage is half that. I also know people working at RSL clubs and similar doing bar work etc. definitely not getting minimum wage, AND getting tips.
It is minimum wage in the sense there paying the minimum wage in the industry (industry award)

Flop21

HSC
where are the good jobs then (for during uni), pls tell me i'm poor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)