How to recover from an assessment task..? (1 Viewer)

bumblebee1234

HSC
I'm looking for some good (and hopefully positive) advice here.

After completely some assessment tasks at a slightly lower level than those of last year + prelim course, what strategies/how can I 'recover' or bounce back from these lower marks? Is it possible to up your ranking as other assessments/trial exams start coming?

K

khorne

Learn from your mistakes?

Ask yourself:
-What did I do right
-What did I do incorrectly
-How can I improve my work
-What could I add/subtract from it
Etc

Perhaps talk to a teacher about the marks, and what you should improve next time.

kcqn93

HSC
You should be able to get better rankings if you are well prepared for the next lot of assessments.

Jackie.bored

HSC
I started out at 50-something in English Advanced after my first assessment, but do well in the rest of your assessments and its possible to do well. I peaked at 5th =D

Tofuu

HSC
Learn from your mistakes?

Ask yourself:
-What did I do right
-What did I do incorrectly
-How can I improve my work
-What could I add/subtract from it

Etc

Perhaps talk to a teacher about the marks, and what you should improve next time.
this

and also, try find a better way of studying (if you find your method now ineffective)

smasherX21

HSC
Forget about it

There's nothing you can do to change a shit mark, why waste time worrying about it?

Just work harder to perform better in the upcoming tasks, and you can make up for your losses

kyokaku92

HSC
Revenge in the half yearlys? Or find out what you did wrong and atone for your mistakes. 1st assessments are usually 10-15% so don't worry too much about it.

scroates

fresh meat
HSC
It is definitely possible to better your ranks through hard work, maybe even get a tutor. After half yearly's i was ranked 113/181 in adv english, but after the trial i was ranked 45/181, so put in the effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)