How to start studying effectively from day 1 of year 11? (1 Viewer)

Admonks

HSC
What can I do to study from day 1 of year 11 that is effective? what should I do? should I make a timetable and learn what is being taught in class only or jump ahead.

Thanks!

MJRey

HSC
Studying effectively from day 1 is impossible. Since you're transitioning from year 7-10 to year 11-12, it will take some time to adjust to the new demands in workload etc. As you go on throughout the year, you'll find the study habits and techniques that work for you. So don't feel bad if it feels hectic in the first term because you'll find your groove and get going from there.

Admonks

HSC
Studying effectively from day 1 is impossible. Since you're transitioning from year 7-10 to year 11-12, it will take some time to adjust to the new demands in workload etc. As you go on throughout the year, you'll find the study habits and techniques that work for you. So don't feel bad if it feels hectic in the first term because you'll find your groove and get going from there.
thanks so much

C_master

HSC
🫡

companionbby

HSC
What can I do to study from day 1 of year 11 that is effective? what should I do? should I make a timetable and learn what is being taught in class only or jump ahead.

Thanks!
my year 11 teachers had suggested on constantly having a routine for studying and also attending like the school's library and/or local. Like commitment to study is ABSOLUTE KEY but make sure you have personal breaks so you don't burn out. If you want a head start, definitely brush up on your syllabus as it highlights what your learning and 'needs to knows'. Also don't overally stress on it, my teachers would often say since its year 11, its a test run for year 12. So just by implementing these smalls habits, WILL greatly help you during ur HSC season.
Anyways good luck and always have fun. 💕 :)

Jedhcurtis76

HSC

Thanks!
Use the year to try a couple different study styles/systems and figure out what works best for you.

I found that making a “to do list” each arvo before studying was heaps helpful! I was quite motivated by the feeling of crossing things out w/ a highlighter or whatever 😂. Maybe give it a try, and see if it suits your style. 😄

Where you can, getting ahead of the syllabus for subjects will def give you an edge. Highly recommend for any subjects u find a little on the trickier side.

all the best to you! Have fun! 🤩

Admonks

HSC
Use the year to try a couple different study styles/systems and figure out what works best for you.

I found that making a “to do list” each arvo before studying was heaps helpful! I was quite motivated by the feeling of crossing things out w/ a highlighter or whatever 😂. Maybe give it a try, and see if it suits your style. 😄

Where you can, getting ahead of the syllabus for subjects will def give you an edge. Highly recommend for any subjects u find a little on the trickier side.

all the best to you! Have fun! 🤩
Thank you so much!!

Admonks

HSC
my year 11 teachers had suggested on constantly having a routine for studying and also attending like the school's library and/or local. Like commitment to study is ABSOLUTE KEY but make sure you have personal breaks so you don't burn out. If you want a head start, definitely brush up on your syllabus as it highlights what your learning and 'needs to knows'. Also don't overally stress on it, my teachers would often say since its year 11, its a test run for year 12. So just by implementing these smalls habits, WILL greatly help you during ur HSC season.
Anyways good luck and always have fun. 💕 :)
Thank you so much!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)