how to stay motivated? (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Some common tips for staying motivated include:

- Breaking tasks down into manageable parts: this helps in simplifying whatever it is you're trying to complete.
- Establishing a system of mini-goals and rewards, while keeping your end goal in mind.
- Trying different study approaches: maybe your current study approach is just not working for you anymore. Perhaps you need to rethink your study strategy, which is normal since everyone studies differently.
- Don’t let your studying take over your life: this is probably the most important one. Make sure you're not studying for too long - spend some time with family/friends. Getting some exercise and having regular breaks are also good ways to release some of the pressure caused by studying too much.

fridgmagnet

HSC
Some common tips for staying motivated include:

- Breaking tasks down into manageable parts: this helps in simplifying whatever it is you're trying to complete.
- Establishing a system of mini-goals and rewards, while keeping your end goal in mind.
- Trying different study approaches: maybe your current study approach is just not working for you anymore. Perhaps you need to rethink your study strategy, which is normal since everyone studies differently.
- Don’t let your studying take over your life: this is probably the most important one. Make sure you're not studying for too long - spend some time with family/friends. Getting some exercise and having regular breaks are also good ways to release some of the pressure caused by studying too much.
This sounds really effective, I'll definitely try it out

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I find going for a quick walk/run/exercise use to help me wake up after school. Otherwise, coffee or tea may help wake you up after school.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Ever since term 2 has started, I've been feeling really drained after school, struggling to finish basic tasks. Luckily I'm not behind, but I'd still like to get ahead and do extra study where I can. Any tips on how to stay motivated/ not burn out???
Get good rest. This involves not just sleep but some of the other activities. Study should not be a whole consuming thing. You might have to take the first 30 min after school to nap or recharge and then get back into it at 4:30/5.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Ever since term 2 has started, I've been feeling really drained after school, struggling to finish basic tasks. Luckily I'm not behind, but I'd still like to get ahead and do extra study where I can. Any tips on how to stay motivated/ not burn out???
Honestly motivation comes and goes so it's not what is essential for studying. Making studying a habit lets u study everyday even when motivation is low.

Personally I had bad study habits so always had to cram and stuff but I think if you make studying part of your daily habits then it'll become a lot easier, since people say motivation comes from action not before action (smth like that LOL)

Sleeping well helps a lot too

Also just saying "Okay I'll do my work for 2 minutes" when you're struggling to do work can help, since it can make you get into the study zone and continue longer. I like listening to hype music to hype myself up to study xD

fridgmagnet

HSC
Honestly motivation comes and goes so it's not what is essential for studying. Making studying a habit lets u study everyday even when motivation is low.

Personally I had bad study habits so always had to cram and stuff but I think if you make studying part of your daily habits then it'll become a lot easier, since people say motivation comes from action not before action (smth like that LOL)

Sleeping well helps a lot too

Also just saying "Okay I'll do my work for 2 minutes" when you're struggling to do work can help, since it can make you get into the study zone and continue longer. I like listening to hype music to hype myself up to study xD
Yeah you're definitely right. I've been trying to do this for a while now by building up the hours I do per night and on the weekends.
Hopefully it works in the end lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)