How to stay organised? (1 Viewer)

HSCExposed

HSC
Just started year 12 and i feel pressurized. I get homework EVERY SINGLE DAY especially 2u maths which I'm struggling in. I basically come home and study until 10pm. I seriously hate my life and my school. I have no free time on my hands I would get homework from every subject and it'll be all due the next day. I'm currently getting 60-70% in 2u. How can I improve this mark? Should I drop to general? How are you guys organised?

astroman

HSC
study according to a schedule and clean up your study space ASAP, if you struggle in maths, then just revise and do some past papers

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
The workload between year 11 and 12 definitely increases significantly, but its still definitely possible to keep up with it! The main thing you need to do is prioritise. Do the work you can get through quickly first so you have a less stressed mindset for when you approach your more difficult subjects. It took me a while to figure out a good way to organise my time, and it will be different for you as everyone is different. But the main tip is to prioritise.

In terms of maths, I would focus on the areas I am weakest in. Expose yourself to a lot of HSC questions and past papers so you can challenge your understanding. Generally, a lot of the questions in 2U are quite repetitive, so just understand how everything works and you should be fine.

Also I swear you do not get homework everyday hahahha

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I was never organized in a sense. I just set out a list of things i had to do every day and just did them and stopped working when everything on that list was crossed off. Worked pretty well for me

Yes, you do get homework every single day but what do you expect? You are in Year 12 and like it or not, if you want to get a good ATAR 3-6 hours of study a day is going to become a standard. If you hate your life and school the honest straight forward fact is to get over it, keep working and your grades will improve, this will lead to your school life improving and the rest. On a positive note try to take Sunday's off or something, it helps

Studying until 10pm? Still failing? Study until 12am You lave a long road ahead of you

not trying to be a dick here. this is very literally from personal experience. i had bad ranks at the start of year 12 and was looking into UWS College and hated everything. Started working hard now i am looking at UNSW and don't mind waking up in the morning these days

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
One word: PRIORITISE!
I may not be the most organised person here but I try so ill give you a few tips and hopefully they'll help :)
Most important thing I find is keeping a diary, it may sound stupid and lame but honestly it helps tremendously. As soon as I get any homework or notifications for any assessments I write when they're due down in my diary so I have a constant reminder.
Now having said that when I come home, I do work according to two main things 1) when its due 2) how important it is
So for example if youve got to research something for English which is due on Tuesday but you've got a maths test on Wednesday, youd obviously want to put more time into the subject that you will need helo in most ( which would be maths in your case)
Also I find keeping a checklisk of what you have to do every night also helps to keep you motivated and on track.
It may sound crazy but doing things ahead of time can be hugely beneficial too, like I know my first assessment this term is for chem so ive already begun making notes in order to be less burdened when the time for the exam nears.
It shouldn't be taking you till 10 to study every night, are you sure youre effectively using your time? I.e. time spent studying > time spent procrastinating? Its completely fine if you arent, we're all guilty of it. Just make a routine for yourself, study in blocks and have periodic breaks in between>> moderation is key!

As for maths, I know them feels bro! You're doing fine now but if you want to improve one thing I can tell you is practice, not just the homework you get set but extra questions and exams on top of that, if you dont understand a question Highlight it and go to your teacher in or out of class time to help you, trust me they'll love you for showing initiative. If you still dont see improvement consider getting a private tutor just to help push you :)
And most importantly, CALM DOWN and enjoy your last year in high school !

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
You can also make a subpar HSC journal so internet people can judge you that helps

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Set yourself goals to achieve study wise each day when you get home, then make a mini-schedule of exactly how you're gonna tackle it. Should take no more than 10 mins to organise and then get started! It does certainly feel overwhelming at times, but when you plan things out and set a schedule for yourself and a timetable you begin to realise exactly how much time you have. It's not about the time spent studying per se, but more what you achieve studying wise and how you attain the goals you set out to reach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)