How to stop making careless mistakes in maths (1 Viewer)

alishasharma

HSC
N/A
because of this careless mistake, i lost around 7-8 marks in my maths paper..

I am so angry right now...i could have done so much better. Are there any tips or advice on how to stop making these mistakes?

Gangstar1

HSC
learn from your mistakes and just keep doing trials papers into you stop =]

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
finish the paper bloody early. ask any good 4 unit student on this forum, they ll tell u they finished their 3 unit paper in about an hour. this is how 4 unit students get 81+/84.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
1 hr wtf?? impossible =.=
lol no. i finished mine in 1 hour and got 83/84. fukin should not hav lost that mark. and im pretty sure in the CSSA thread a few ppl mentioned they finished quite early.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
lol no. i finished mine in 1 hour and got 83/84. fukin should not hav lost that mark. and im pretty sure in the CSSA thread a few ppl mentioned they finished quite early.
its just alot of practice and past papers right??

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
There are two ways:
1. Finish the 3U exam with like 1hr to spare, then check through each question.
2. The more efficient alternative, try to simultaneously answer the question and check it. I prefer this method, though when you get good at it - you will still have like an hour or so to check through exam.

khfreakau

HSC
I always get unlucky in 3u trials in that there is always ONE question i cannot do or something and spend a good 15 minutes on it trying to figure it sigh. But as has been said, it's not possible to stop MAKING them, but it's possible to prevent them when you hand in your exam by checking. In 4u you're not going to get time to check in most cases anyway haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)