How to take notes in my own words ? (1 Viewer)

ibrahimau

CEO
HSC
i do a lot of studying :reading books ,past paper and notes taking from the book ,but when i do takes notes ,i noticed I'm just copying what is said in the book ,not in my own words/understaing ,so how i take notes in my own words ?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
write it in the way you understand it? :S

HSC
1. Read over the content.
2. Re-read with a highlighter, and highlight key words
3. Once you're done, look over the work again, but only at the highlighted words that stand out
4. These should act as trigger points. Write down the ideas you remember when you see the highlighted word/words on a notepad without looking
5. Now re-read over the bit you were extracting from, and if you were missing any information, fill it in (own words).

It's good for understanding, memorising, and taking down notes.

Good luck :)

twistedrebel

HSC
i used to do the same, then i decided to open 2-3 different sources (jacaranda, macq, hsconline, excel etc) read them 3 and summarise that part from the to of my head. It has helped me to some degree.

Good luck

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
i used to do the same, then i decided to open 2-3 different sources (jacaranda, macq, hsconline, excel etc) read them 3 and summarise that part from the to of my head. It has helped me to some degree.

Good luck
exactly the same here.
if you can't get your hands textbooks, look at some of the "resources" from
this site. get 2 or 3 of the best ones print them out and use them as different sources as well

lychnobity

HSC
i do a lot of studying :reading books ,past paper and notes taking from the book ,but when i do takes notes ,i noticed I'm just copying what is said in the book ,not in my own words/understaing ,so how i take notes in my own words ?
Write how you would explain it to a 2 year old

OR

You could try actually using your own words; how it would sound like if you were explaining it to a friend. ie use swear words if you have to, words like shove, chuck, thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)