How to wear these boots? (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
I've just bought a pair of tan boots that look remarkably similar to the Chloe Pirate boots in this pic:

They looked nice on, but I've realised going through my wardrobe, that I haven't a clue what to wear them with. I'm not a fan of shorts and skinny jeans so those are out for me. I guess I could wear them with knee-length skirts and dresses? What colour combinations would work best?What do you girls think of scrunching/folding up my bootleg jeans to just above the top of the boot level?

I refuse to surrender to the skinny jean trend! :p

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I do not like this high leg boot trend.

Just my opinion.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
SuGa BunI =D said:
nice but impractical boots
dont wear anything short with them, unless you want the pretty woman looks
Any sort of boots will get you looks.

Skeeta

HSC
theyre nice!

imo if you want to wear them over pants, skinny leg is the only way to go.. you could try folding them but i think skinny leg is the only way to go!

they'd look hot with a just-above-knee-length floatyish skirt

just avoid wearing them with an off the shoulder green top because you'll look like robin hood

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
the boots are pretty high, cant you get skinny leg jeans just for these boots? i mean it would make no difference to wearing bootlegs, coz you cant really see below the knee

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
wear them with shorts and stockings and a long jacket/coat for winter. theyre hot. i have some very similar and i usually wear them with wool skirts and tailored shorts as well as the occasional "tucked into jeans" look, which i am actually quite partial to.

stay on the same colour scale though. browns and greys, black white and the occasional coloured piece. dont overdo the outfit when wearing boots.

you can make cute summer dresses last through winter by wearing them with the boots and a cropped jacket/bolero/jumper/coat.

the opportunities are limitless for boots, esp hot ones like ours...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Skeeta said:
just avoid wearing them with an off the shoulder green top because you'll look like robin hood
What's wrong with role playing? ;)

Skeeta

HSC
theres nothing wrong with it, but unless its in the bedroom or at a dress-up partay i wouldnt think that its the recommended thing to do

but i could be wrong.. there used to be this guy on my train who dressed as a cowboy

Lainee

HSC
I don't have many skirts that go pass the knee enough to cover the hem to boot skin. Most of mine just reach the knee and the boots start about 3cm below my kneecap. I'm guessing I have to get stockings to bridge the distance!

I definately need the heel because I'm rather short, but I don't think the boots in themselves look 'whoreish'. It's just the whole outfit that some people put together that gives that impression. Some people look quite classy and sophisticated in high, heeled boots.

Always

HSC
Love your boots! ;)

You can wear anything with them, anything at all. If you enough fashion sense to identify them as the Chloe Paddington Pirate boots, you'd have the eye to put together a stylin' outfit. Just trust your own taste and the mirror.

As for the colour palette, you really can't go wrong with neutrals. If you're unsure about introducing a 'colour' add a tan-coloured belt or a tan bag, just to tie the colours together.

Have fun with the boots! Just wait 'til I get my hands on a pair....

Lainee

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
where are they from? I love them.

i think they would look really good with skinny legs
I went to get a pair of shoes re-heeled in Surry Hills and there was a small selection of boots along the wall, and that pair looked the best. It's not an exact ripoff of the Chloe boots, my pair look more asymmetrical (the straps look different and on the other boot the buckle looks rounder and is around the middle), but for a 'one off piece' (the shopkeeper's words) $180 was a bargain.

I'm thinking of bringing her a few photos of other boots I'm liking to see if she could put a spin on them and make me a pair. :p

Always said:
If you enough fashion sense to identify them as the Chloe Paddington Pirate boots, you'd have the eye to put together a stylin' outfit. Just trust your own taste and the mirror.
:p Thanks hun, but identifying an item is one thing, knowing how to make them your own is something I still struggle with! Any advice from other girls on how to put together an outfit is really great!

Always

HSC
$180 is an absolute bargain!!

The heels look smaller than Chloe's, which are 4". I also need the extra height boost. :p

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Nice boots! You can wear some hot dresses with the boots.
Colours like a sky blue (maybe not so bright), beige, even dark blue would go with it.

Lainee

HSC
CieL said:
You're kidding.

The shopkeeper ships them in for like, $10 literally..
You can't buy a strip of really bad leather for that price. Unless the leather was plastic, and it wasn't actually a shoe but a strip of plastic sticky taped to your foot. Then maybe $10 would be a fair price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)