• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to write faster (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Btw, Gel pens are really really expense --- because they do cost and they run out too too too quickly. :(
yeah, i left all my cheap pes at home one day, and all i had was a gel one, and i totally used it in the one day :( but i only did like 2 pages of notes in the entire day :( grrrr.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I remember (last year) I bought an expensive Gel pen for like $4 or so... and it didn't even last me past my second trial paper - English Modules. :(

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
rawrrr lol i bought a gel pen for like, five bucks, and i used it up in a matter of hours O____o;;

tempco

HSC
well, this has nothing to do with writing quickly, but if your handwriting is consistent in its neatness/messyness, it will seem neat, no matter how messy your writing is (ok.. well, theres a limit :p)

Over97

Banned
writing big wont usually help, because teachers and HSC markers arent stupid, if us students can figure out this 'trick', im sure they can as well.

the only way to get faster writing in my oppinion, is to keep a diary. every night spend only 10 minutes writing a diary entry, in these 10 minutes cram in as much bullshit as you can.

simply write about what happened in the day that passed, you'll never run out of shit to write

in yr 10, i had the same problem as u did, lots of info in my head, all structured and ready to go, but i wrote about 1 page in 45 minutes.

then i kept that diary, 10 minutes a night isn't that hard to find. i got out a piece of scrap paper, and WROTE for 10 minutes.

i did it for about 2 weeks and already my writing had improved dramatically.

nowadays, i can write fairly quickly

Lolliana

i have the same prob,
i know exactly what i want to say
i just write really slowly, its a physical thing and it sucks coz everything takes me so long....

all i can say, is keeping an eye on the clock has helped me, i had a little whatch on my desk during the trials, and if i hadnt finished by a ceratin time i moved on, luckily this method always leaves you with plenty of time to round things off, so nothing has weird gaps

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
well, this has nothing to do with writing quickly, but if your handwriting is consistent in its neatness/messyness, it will seem neat, no matter how messy your writing is (ok.. well, theres a limit :p)
My messiness is pretty consistant, when my essays are viewed from afar, they seem ok but whenever someone tries to read it, they experience certain difficulties :D

Maybe I should get a set of gel pens for the HSC. Approximately by what % do they increase your speed and do they really run out after 1 or 2 exams?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hmm i like the diary idea man... sounds practical...

about the inky pens - the best inky pen is the signo uniball... yeah they're good pens - cost ya bout $4 though..

expensive but they're flowy and they're comforatable... if ur comfortable with ur pen, it will make ya WANNA write... so yeah get a good comfy pen :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
expensive but they're flowy and they're comforatable... if ur comfortable with ur pen, it will make ya WANNA write... so yeah get a good comfy pen :)
That's so true... and it's effortless. :)

the last laugh
HSC
well the thing is, if you write big, it usually means that the writing is more legible than if you squash it all up....

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'll let u in on a little secret about gel pens...theres this really good Pilot one, available in Medium and Fine, and is only $2.15 I think its Pilot Super Gel...look out for them, the pen tube and lid are both clear

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Do you write faster when you write big or small?
IMHO:
Smaller = less distance hand has to travel for each word, meaning that constant velocity = more words per minute
Bigger = less fine motor control required = faster writing
?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
but then again the paper is different isnt it? cause for trials we are using normal A4 paper...
ok none of that made sense
yeah, like smaller than A4 and the lines are more spaced
Originally posted by bubz :D
get one of those good gel pens, even though they don't last very long O
i might try that when studying to see, because normally i find they take longer to write with
Originally posted by Over97
the only way to get faster writing in my oppinion, is to keep a diary. every night spend only 10 minutes writing a diary entry, in these 10 minutes cram in as much bullshit as you can.

nowadays, i can write fairly quickly
thats a reall good idea!
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
about the inky pens - the best inky pen is the signo uniball... yeah they're good pens - cost ya bout $4 though..

yeah u do
and if it speeds my writing up dramatically, like i can write a page every 5 mins i dont care how much it costs!
i'll check them out
Originally posted by bubz :D
well the thing is, if you write big, it usually means that the writing is more legible than if you squash it all up....
yeah thats 1 reason i write biggish

Originally posted by Suvat
Do you write faster when you write big or small?
IMHO:
Smaller = less distance hand has to travel for each word, meaning that constant velocity = more words per minute
?
this is the other reason i write biggish - i can write faster when i write big coz i don't have to hold the pen as tightly, i just write

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
Writin really FAST 'n' furious

FAST STYLEZ

1. buy a fountain pen - ink fluid, replacable. The ink flows through quick without having to apply much pressure on the paper. it is smooth and neat.

2. Do essay first, by remembering model essay. Do this essay NOW!!!! In the test, just answer the question immediately and change the conclusion

3. write about 1200 words per essay. 700 words for a transcript

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
My English teacher made it pretty simple. She made us do an exercise where we wrote, non-stop, what we were thinking - i.e. - "i think this is a lame exercise, ewwww what's that on her leg?, ooo, there's gum on the table..." etc etc. And you end up writing a couple of pages in 5 mins.

The conclusion is: to write faster, you need to think faster. So basically, know what you're doing, and you'll have no problem. (Although, knowing what you're doing may be a problem for many.)

Benno

HSC
hmm today in the modules paper i did 3 pages for each essay is this good? i ended up running out of time for the last one so finished it up uncomplted. problem i find with gel pens is they make my writting even more messy and unreadable

the last laugh
HSC
it depends on how big your writing is.... the teachers at my school said that you should write at least 4 pages if you're in advanced, coz the markers count pages :p

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Just bought a packet of 4 signo uniballs for $16....

They felt slightly more comfortable, but didn't improve my speed by much. They also made my writing less legible, but that's prolly cuz I'm not used to it

Only time will tell whether these pens are worth their monetary value, hope this is revealed before they all run out :(

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
?
I read that and just thought of physics...damn, I have homework:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)