How was everyone's first day? (1 Viewer)

Shawny

haha

hey aren't we meant to wait till after 1st lecture to confirm wat we need and dun need?

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
I thought my Language, Text, and Context lecture started at 2pm. When I realised it actually started at 1pm, it was already 1:30pm. :( Luckily I only missed out on the course introduction, and the information on books, which I later asked about at the end of the lecture.

Great start to uni though, it was my first lecture at the uni. :mad1:

sunny

meh.
HSC
I had a pretty eventful day. One lecture at 10-11 then went around posted up second hand textbooks around the notices. Had 8 people call about my two bio books and 3 about chem.

In about two hours all the phone number slips on my notices were ripped off :eek:

TheKey

HSC
i had 4h worth of lectures and i actually might enjoy maths for once, the 'jonathan' guy doing calculus MATH1131 was pretty good, the only shitty part was looking at that huge line for Studnet IDs, what time does that thing open tomorow?

Oh and more thing, is it too late to join clubs and stuff, i couldnt find the soccer club (if there was one) on Oweek.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
i was lost during the actuarial maths lecture.... and teh matlab demo was so completely useless ... ehat a fine day :D
yeah hes talking about vectors and i'm like WTF

smittenkitten

Poopinator
Today was ok. Not very eventful but at least I didn't get lost:p I can tell I'm not going to enjoy maths very much though. ALSO ARGH I sat in front of some international students...and despite the lecturer telling us not to talk, they continued to talk for the entire duration of the lecture. Irritating.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by yc
blah, why did I take Jap Com :(
1A?

i liked it, twas cool. luckily my maths and chem lectures were in the same room muahahaha - no walking for babydoll

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by smittenkitten
ALSO ARGH I sat in front of some international students...and despite the lecturer telling us not to talk, they continued to talk for the entire duration of the lecture. Irritating.
ARGH! That IS annoying! :chainsaw:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
my day was long long long. :( but really fun - i'm doing astronomy this session :D

yc

Originally posted by babydoll_
1A?

i liked it, twas cool. luckily my maths and chem lectures were in the same room muahahaha - no walking for babydoll
Heh I'm gonna love it eventually, in love with Japan, wanted to learn for ages glad I held off after that comment on previous Jap knowledge.

Just shocked with the starting boom, going to try out some writing right now :D

Yeah I got Maths 1A in there aswell but an hour apart so a bit of moving ;)

If you're ever looking for a partner to practice with later on, drop me a pm.

kaseita

actuarial lecture was scary
"hm yes, i tink 40% of people pass this subject"

and its only my first exemption subject!

oh well, find out the real stats tomorrow on that

Mill

HSC
Isn't the first MATH1151 lecture just about like the set of reals, the set of complex numbers, the set of irrationals, basically, sets?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by TheKey
i had 4h worth of lectures and i actually might enjoy maths for once, the 'jonathan' guy doing calculus MATH1131 was pretty good, the only shitty part was looking at that huge line for Studnet IDs, what time does that thing open tomorow?

Oh and more thing, is it too late to join clubs and stuff, i couldnt find the soccer club (if there was one) on Oweek.
Originally posted by underthesun
I dont think it's ever late to join clubs or socs.. cuz if it is, then i'm screwed :).
It's not too late. You can get in touch with the club via the contact details in the student Diary.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kaseita
actuarial lecture was scary
"hm yes, i tink 40% of people pass this subject"

and its only my first exemption subject!
crap!
or maybe he's scaring you...

my day was alright
first lecture at 9am, gen-ed: contemporary japan..get to watch Akira and Princess mononoke anime :D
got put in a group of fobs for the group presentations...so looks like i gotta do some work.

went to the FCE labs to change tute times..had a 1st year kid asking me all these questions

had first business law lecture...lecturer is pretty cool, and funny, so that subject should be fun

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
i'm thinking about picking up jap 1a :)
but then i'd be overloading two subjects.. did anybody do it? is it hard? :(

fitz33

HSC
Originally posted by Mill
Isn't the first MATH1151 lecture just about like the set of reals, the set of complex numbers, the set of irrationals, basically, sets?
yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)