how was it (1 Viewer)

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Guessed 3 MC questions, but the rest of test was pretty good, especially the industrial chem option <3 :)

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Overall thought it was a pretty good and easy test. Used a whole booklet for the option. I was lucky - it didn't have any of the stuff im not good at in it (nuclear, batteries, cfc's). Its the first test ive finished comfortably, so i was happy with it. Except for a couple of the mc questions >.<

NoName91

HSC
argh! what is this battery question a few people have mentioned????? i swear i dont remember there being one...
I think they're referring to the galvanic cell question - which is a battery lol. I'm glad there wasn't a comparison of lead or dry cell with another battery thing :) .. but I guess its not too bad

trrc027

HSC
I think they're referring to the galvanic cell question - which is a battery lol. I'm glad there wasn't a comparison of lead or dry cell with another battery thing :) .. but I guess its not too bad
o good, that makes me feel much better, i nearly had a heart attack! missing a whole question wouldve ruined my mark, hoping for band 6, loved that exam! calculations=amazing! shipwrecks topic was crap tho :(

NoName91

HSC
o good, that makes me feel much better, i nearly had a heart attack! missing a whole question wouldve ruined my mark, hoping for band 6, loved that exam! calculations=amazing! shipwrecks topic was crap tho :(
Shipwrecks was ok I think... what did the first question mean? With the cans? Really strange, hasn't been a question like that before. I'm glad the 7 marker was on the history of cells etc.

mitchwong650

HSC
Shipwrecks was ok I think... what did the first question mean? With the cans? Really strange, hasn't been a question like that before. I'm glad the 7 marker was on the history of cells etc.

personally i loved shipwrecks.

Q 1 a) was just aluminium (as it forms a passivating layer)
b) was really weird and i just fudged some answer about protective paints and stuff...

the rest was great.

Drewx

HSC
The emulsions question in Industrial Chemistry was so left field did not see it coming.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
The emulsions question in Industrial Chemistry was so left field did not see it coming.
Lol i reckon. So was the question that asked for THE major use of sulfuric acid. I said fertilisers, but i was surprised by it. Normally it just asks for ONE major use.

123huss123

HSC
Guessed 3 MC questions, but the rest of test was pretty good, especially the industrial chem option <3 :)

man wat did u get for ur value of K in industrial chemmmm your the only one i seee hoo done itt everyone done shipwrecksss

sordatsoy

HSC
For industrial...what was the main use of sulfuric acid???....i did dehydrating agent....but not sure.

123huss123

HSC
i sedd dehydrating and pikling agent lma0
mmm think i got my K rong thennnn
got like 0.913 or somting like that
oh well

mR sinister

HSC
i got the ethanol mass correct, and also the emf.
but for nitrogen content in the bread ....
I got 0.8%
anyone else get this?

123huss123

HSC
m i gott 1.7% forr the breadd question
0.9 for emf andd 3.8ish for ethanollll oneee

boo92

HSC
i liked it. i did biochem option. 7 marks on a pe question. great for me coz i do pe. the paper was heaps better than i thought. my teacher thought we wouldnt like it but i think all the class liked it. there's only 10 of us lol. last exam. glad its over now!!

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
Main uses of Sulfuric Acid include:
Electrolyte in Car Batteries (Think about all the cars out there..)
Steel Manufacture (Pickling)
Fertilisers

From Wikipedia:
"Principal uses include lead-acid batteries for cars and other vehicles, ore processing, fertilizer manufacturing, oil refining, wastewater processing, and chemical synthesis."

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
The main use for sulfuric acid is in the manufacture of superphosphate (a type of fertiliser) - it accounts for 72% of sulfuric acid's industrial use
equation: Ca3(PO4)2 + 2H2SO4 + 4H2O ---> Ca(H2PO4)2 + 2CaSO4.2H2O
I dont think you need the equation, but I put it in just for the fun of it :)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
BAH chem was good....LAST EXAM WOO!!! xD xD

celebrated it with 4hrs at the net cafe =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)