Votes: 50 21.6%

• Total voters

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
serge said:
You're never gonna get the paper back to
check what you did wrong anyway
just out of curiosity, can't you pay for your exam back if you wanted? or can you only pay for your raw marks, but not the paper?

justchillin

HSC
People just relax...there is nothing we can do about it now...what is comforting is that it was a hard exam and so u dont have 2 score amazingly well to get 95+... it was an elegant exam and I think we should not criticise the examiner...after all it was a harder exam than the past 4 years so they obviously see us as smarter kids...111 is wat i got give or take a mark...i just redid the paper just then

xiaojia

HSC
I rank 3th in my school, 9 students did math ext2 in my school this year
I got 75/120 in the trial and the highest marks for trial in my school was 90+/120

don't know how the other students think about this year's paper, but to my opinion it is not hard, i guess i'll get 85-90/120

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
justchillin said:
People just relax...there is nothing we can do about it now...what is comforting is that it was a hard exam and so u dont have 2 score amazingly well to get 95+... it was an elegant exam and I think we should not criticise the examiner...after all it was a harder exam than the past 4 years so they obviously see us as smarter kids...111 is wat i got give or take a mark...i just redid the paper just then
This exam has nothing on 2003, let alone 2001. It's the easiest of the odd numbered years for a while now.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
This exam has nothing on 2003, let alone 2001. It's the easiest of the odd numbered years for a while now.
Nah, 2003 was a cruise.

Jono__

HSC
I have taken this from the "Report on the Scaling of the 2004 NSW HSC"

(I edited two tables to remove all the other subjects, top are figures unscaled, bottom are sclaed)

Personally I found the test very long, I have calculated a max mark of about 104 for myself, but expect to lose a couple of marks due to careless errors. So I expect to get 95/100ish as a raw mark.

Last edited:

_melissa_

HSC
i thought the exam was pretty hard. i was aiming for 80%, but calculated after that the most i can get is something like 75%, so i'm not far off, but it's still a bit of a disappointment.

the induction was really hard, i made things up along the way, so there's no way i'll get all four marks, but maybe i'll get 1 or 2.

Q1-5 were pretty good, i'm sure i screwed up a few things along the way but it was ok. except the probability(Q5b), part (ii), i had NO idea how to do it. i made it up in the hope that they'd feel sorry for me and give me a mark out of sympathy...

i thought 7b was pretty hard, i've never had to do anything like that before. i'm disappointed there were no resitant motion, i love those!

and the conics! what the hell was that?! i got two of the one-mark ones, but that's all. and one of them was pretty dodgy anyway.

overall, i thought the paper was a bit disheartening, especially compared to last year's, which was definitely easier. but then, i suppose, it is 4 unit, we can't really expect it to be a walk in the park.

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
... i think i got a raw mark of about 70. i thought the paper was soooo long... (or perhaps im just slow :) i didnt even get to finish reading it in reading time) ... so it was a non-attempt for q8 unfortunately... but there was lots of things that i could do.. . i agree with everyone who's saying that q 6 was hard... i so nearly got the induction... but managed to fuck it up along the way some how... but sometimes i swear that im really just completely stupid.. i couldnt do the question 3 mechanics!!! arrghh total mind blank... ah well...
who else is just relieved that its over?!?!

MandiMoo

HSC
I thought the test was good. I reads the last question first and that was the only question i got to decifer in the five minutes reading time. lol. i was laughing to myself when reading it... i thought the obscurity of it was amusing. I did 1-2-3-4-5-6 fairly good left out a few small things, probably lose marks for careless mistakes... didnt have enough time to do question 8 and i only did the first part 7 a)i).. but all in all i am pleased with me effort. I kno some of u would die if u didnt at least get 115/120 but i am really happy with what i did. Of course theres gna be the people with massive brains that get above 110 but thats not me so i dont really feel threatened by them.

Goodluck in 3 unit everyone... hopefully us 4u kids will blitz it.. well i guess were expected to...meh..

Jaydels

HSC
shortie_89 said:
... i think i got a raw mark of about 70. i thought the paper was soooo long... (or perhaps im just slow :) i didnt even get to finish reading it in reading time) ... so it was a non-attempt for q8 unfortunately... but there was lots of things that i could do.. . i agree with everyone who's saying that q 6 was hard... i so nearly got the induction... but managed to fuck it up along the way some how... but sometimes i swear that im really just completely stupid.. i couldnt do the question 3 mechanics!!! arrghh total mind blank... ah well...
who else is just relieved that its over?!?!
i agree! the paper seemed heaps long, i didnt finish reading it in reading time either. i thought q6 was the hardest...i did some of q8. the q3 mechanics q looked easy but i think i had i mind blank too coz i didnt get it. i'm heaps relieved its over, and relieved that i'm not the only one who thought it was hard

firehose

HSC
Yep, that exam was pretty challenging. I found it so abstract, it somehow seemed so different to the past papers I've done, with so many 1-mark questions, as well as the sheer distortion between the level of difficulty of the first half and the level of difficulty of the second half.

I did the bits out of Q6-8 that i could, although I will only get 4 marks - presumably - for Q7, since I had no idea about that inequality thing for the cicle, and left out the circular motion completely. I counted about 35 marks I've lost, it'll go down if I had some silly errors or the marking scheme is tough.

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
justchillin said:
During the reading time I kept thinking: "Justchillin must be grinning around about now..." :)

MandiMoo

HSC
ooo ooo i forgot to say something....

i hate induction i didnt study it because i thought there was no point. i decideded to give it a go and i got it out.. i was so excited, i couldve jumped up and kissed the examiner but thought it too inappropriate. so for me it was easy but it did take up alot of time... SO happy i got it tho. yay go me

chubbaraff

Proudly BOS Left
HSC
Hey mandi.... I met you at cassies party the other night :p
Congrats.... take it easy
Raff

MandiMoo

HSC
Hey Raff...

Thanks.. how do u think you went?? You sounded like a smart guy bet u blitzed it. Im one of the freaky people who didnt go great but thought it was fun anyway.
I got ur email off of cass but i think it was the wrong one.

Add me MandiM_88@msn.com

Later... btw did u get in 4 early entry??? bet u did!!

quinnm2006

HSC
MandiMoo said:
I thought the test was good. I reads the last question first and that was the only question i got to decifer in the five minutes reading time. lol. i was laughing to myself when reading it... i thought the obscurity of it was amusing. I did 1-2-3-4-5-6 fairly good left out a few small things, probably lose marks for careless mistakes... didnt have enough time to do question 8 and i only did the first part 7 a)i).. but all in all i am pleased with me effort. I kno some of u would die if u didnt at least get 115/120 but i am really happy with what i did. Of course theres gna be the people with massive brains that get above 110 but thats not me so i dont really feel threatened by them.

Goodluck in 3 unit everyone... hopefully us 4u kids will blitz it.. well i guess were expected to...meh..
Finally, someone with some sense. I thought I went alright, about 83 out of 120 if i estimated. That might scrape me 90 as it was a tough test that was very different to any past papers, and I was equal 2nd in assessments. I specifically studied HSC's rather than Western Regions and CSSA's because of the difference. BOS must of got some new testers, as that test was shocking. Was 2 unit the same, becuase that could give us a hint as to 3 unit. Mandimoo, your a girl who knows what shes talking about, unlike JustChillin and Sonjay who thought that was easy. I'm a good mathematician (have won national, state and regional competitions) but just find some of these concepts obscure. Q6 and 8 were ridiculous, maybe 4 marks a piece, Thats 26 marks lost already. Plus stupid mistakes and a few questions were I fudged the answer when the sign I ended up with was wrong

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
actually quinnm2006, do you know what school he goes to?
cause i know this similar-aged person in my school (he's only in year 5/6) who's currently doing 4u maths - but for the 2006 HSC. and very good at it too (better than most of his year 12 peers).
but i forgot his name... maybe we talk of the same person?

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
the test was just different

theres gonna be a wide range of marks...

very scattered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)