• hardest 4unit exam ever

Votes: 50 21.6%

• Total voters

Koz

HSC
as a wise ska/rock group once said "life sucks"

i got sliced in that exam; and i dont know why

and im very angry, but at the same time care very little

lets all pray that i pass :) really im not that dumb i just butchered the important one oh well...

finally as another wise rock group once said "in the end, it doesnt even matter"
gl with the rest of it everyone!

rippletzhou

HSC
The test was so long and i was wasting time for damn 1 mark questions. And havnt got enough time for q7 and q8. I felt hungry during the exam. ==||| And got brain block.
I think my raw mark will between 70-80/120.

ishq

brown?
HSC
who_loves_maths said:
^ wow, if what you say is true, then what a genius. only 12... *sigh*.
if he owns the state this time, it's gonna make us normal-aged students look & feel so sheepish lol :p
Justchillin is TWELVE?

*dies*

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
^ haha ishq, which hat did you pull that from? :p
hehe, shonty logic? :)
must be the 4u test today eh? took away a part of all our minds today...

but no, justchillin is not the twelve year old to whom i was referring. (and i'm sure justchillin would be the first to admit that ;) .)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
stephanie_168 said:
sonjay...
what school do you go to?
you sound...very smart
LOL, thats one way of putting it, you musta resisted the temptation to say something else :rolleyes:

Just James

Veteran Member
HSC
Cry Babies

You know, it's so bloody annoying going through these seven forum pages and reading about the smartest maths students in NSW who are crying over the fact that they may only get 100/120. I mean come on! If a raw mark of 70 to 80 out of 120 gets you in the 90s, then shut up and stop complaining! The most I can get (i.e. out of everything I attempted), is 60/120, but I doubt I'll get that. It'll probably be 50/120 when you count for stupid errors. I'm hoping that I'll just scrape a scaled mark of 75 (E3).

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well for some people getting 100/120 is a loss because they really are geniuses and really do want to get 99.5+ uai. you may not but thats you.

lum

HSC
thinking back, i think rather the difficulty level of some questions, i thought there are consistently little things that were tricky, which made you lose marks all over the place from part e of qs 4 to qs 8
i did all the hscs from 1988, and they were all so consistent in the way they are set up and the difficulty. barely any 1 mark questions to advantage those who knows what to do and can get into it rather than wasting my time writing a clear explanation for each part. i mean, eg. is for question 1, getting you to prove the t results, deriving, etc. i could've easily done the intergral in 1 minute max if it was set out like any of the previous 10 yrs, but no.. they HAD to separate everything into a bloody tutorial, which made me take up 3 min. it was all these things that made me lose so much time as i just wasn't used to this type of questions, and made me end up using 1hr 10 minutes for the first 4 questions rather than the usual 40 minutes (even for 93 it only took 50).

so guess i screwd up :)

justchillin

HSC
Keypad...u know 2003 was a sinch...dont give us that...the class of 2005 has been blessed with a hard exam..not in its psycho question 8..but in its length and questions that grind away at ur patience...so co u pple agree 90-99 = 91-05...100-109 =97/98 and 110+ = 99/100???

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by lum
and made me end up using 1hr 10 minutes for the first 4 questions rather than the usual 40 minutes (even for 93 it only took 50).
that's no excuse for you "stuffing up". so basically according to you, if i do a 4u test, and take up the first thrid of the time doing question 1 -4 , then i might as well give up eh? since i'm already, what, 20min behind on schedule?
actually this is exactly what happened to me today too, but it doesn't mean one cannot fasten and still finish the rest of the paper in the next 2 hours. (which, luckily for me, happened.)

Vinniejaa

antwan2bu said:
i did 1-5 with no problems but after that, i got fucked around, gettin only like 5-10 in the whole thing
as in like 5-10/45 for the last three questions - thats good if u nail (like 100%) in 1st five questions

Last edited by a moderator:

lincolnbaker

Yea i fucked that exam...

My teacher told me you get 30marks from just putting your name down on the paper??!?

Jesus, i need this to be true, gonna need all the marks i can get :)

vwola

HSC
lincolnbaker said:
My teacher told me you get 30marks from just putting your name down on the paper??!?

hhahahah if only. i probably stuffed up my centre number and student number too.

VQ

HSC
Well...it was not AS HARD AS 2003 (anyway, any ext2 exam is hard!)

but the time??? U should have give me 2 more hours (including checking) then I can finish it with marks over 100/120, tho’ barely sure that I can finish them anyway….It is kind of make me dissappointed that at the moment they say “pens down, please” I was thinking about the mech. problem and got 3 points (quite 3 points, may be 1 or 2 at least) in my head! >.<

I only did about 7 marks in the last 2 questions, and missed about 30 marks altogether

My prediction simply about 70s/120, lucky to get above 80s/120

How can u guys predict about 110??? >.< cool...

ANYWAY...LETS DO OUR BEST FOR 3U exam!!!!!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Looking at Terry Lee's solutions, I'd say ~90/120 for me, provided I don't lose marks for a transcription error (and a subsequent error) in Q1(b). I'm not exactly proud of my performance in the exam, but I'm not going to make up excuses for myself...

In 2003, the raw Band E4 cut-off must have been <40/120 unless my calculations are whacked. Coz Keypad got 108/120 and an aligned mark of 99, that means that a Band E4 cut-off >40 would not have yielded an aligned mark of 99 for Keypad. Suppose the cut-off were 41/120, Keypad's mark would have been 98.48 and would therefore be rounded down to 98.

Imo, the 2005 exam was fairly long and more difficult than last year's though I think the 2003 paper was more difficult...I liked the 2001 paper better than the 2005 one as well. Not to give people false hope, but I truly believe that the Band E4 cut-off for this year will be <70/120 and most likely around the low-mid 60s/120.

香港!

HSC
I think whether the 2005 exam is "harder" than the 2003 exam depends on the person... I've seen some people say it's harder and some people say it's easier...
Personally I think this year was harder than 2003 in terms of length.
When I did 2003 for practise I even did better than this:(

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Rench: how did you calculate that. Your numbers seem (VERY) flawed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)