How was your day at work? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Basically another one of those ranting places. =p
So how was your day at work today? Anything exciting/new/crap happen?

Today was pretty dead quiet for a Saturday, not as busy as I thought it'd be, and manager wasn't here 80-90% of the time so that was good. Overall, was a pretty good day at work, despite working a 10hr shift from 6am. lol,

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Oktoberfest was awesome. All I did was dance behind the bar, flirt with the girl next to me, and then serve people occasionally.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Brant57 said:
BAD! If people want a refund at Target, KEEP YOUR FUCKING RECEIPT!
i was afraid this was going to happen. if this turns out to be another rant-about-your-job thread, i will delete it.

HSC
Was really busy, seriously didn't stop from the moment I signed on until about 5 minutes before the end of my shift.
But then again, it was only 3 hours, so I won't complain. :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
long, groceries was short staffed so i had to send my staff out to help, and there just wasnt any time to just have a 15 minute working break

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
townie said:
long, groceries was short staffed so i had to send my staff out to help, and there just wasnt any time to just have a 15 minute working break
Hmm, was quite short for me yesterday. Wasn't busy though; was a beautiful day outside so I think everyone was out and about. I usually don't take my 15/30min break on Saturdays because it's so busy, but since it wasn't; I managed to take it. haha

Kinda like today I think. Hopefully it'll be a good day today. I've gotta 9-7pm shift. :(

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i had a really funny work experience a few weeks back
i guess i can mention it because it was my last day at work due to HSC

anyway
so there was this guy who would always come through coles on a thursday night. i would say he's about 45 and is always dressed nicely in a suit and is generally very polite. i can tell he's single/divorced by his groceries lol anyway

so the first time he ever came through he would just stare at me. and then he was like "why do you work here?" and i'm like it's only part time i'm studying [i didn't mention school] . and he's all like. oh, okay. well you should be modelling
and i'm like ah thanks dude. at coles you just kinda get used to men hitting on you

so anyway he began coming in every thursday and would que at register even if it had teh longest line. he would start bragging about himself to the shithouse . he would say stuff like "oh i just got this new job at a law firm" "oh i do karate i love to keep fit" "oh i like joining fitness clubs" and i'm like.. great dude. like i give a fuck lol. but i was nice regardless cos it's just my nature towards polite customers

sooo on the last thursday night of work, this is how it goes. i'm having a conversation with my current customer and he has next in que. he just interrupts our convo and is like "hey, how are you?" i'm like blunt and i just say good and resume convo with my customer. so they finish up and this is how our convo goes:
"so is your name really alyssar?"
"um yes"
"well then i'm at an advantage. i know your name but you don't know mine" [ REAL SUBTLE DUDE]
i was so tempted to say same with every other customer, fucktard. but me being nice: "oh so what's your name then"
"chris"
"cool"
i continue scanning and packing his shit and then he goes
"do you work during the days?"
"nope"
"how about lunch sometime?"
"ummm dude i might be a little young. i'm still in school and 17"
and then he sayss
"well, that's alright. we can get mcdonalds"

holy shit it took me so much strength to not burst out laughing in his face.
i was like. erh it's ok but no thanks.

shattered the guy lol. he was probably working up the courage to ask that all day and i threw it back in his face.

the tards probably older then my dad

so far one of my best days at work

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
wuddie said:
ok brant, i will break it down for you buddy.

that's a reply.

that's a rant. capice?
Well, generally people give a reason for how their day was.

That was one sentence too, a rant would have been longer.

johony

HSC
housah0lic said:
"how about lunch sometime?"
"ummm dude i might be a little young. i'm still in school and 17"
and then he sayss
"well, that's alright. we can get mcdonalds"
mcdonalds = rape

our printer at work broke down for the billionth time today, which meant i had to apologise over and over again to every customer.

Last edited:

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Had a shocker today at Coles.
We lost power (no backup??) and all of our fridges and freezes went out. It was just refrigeration and freezes, thats all. So we lost the entire freezer stock, and 90% of Refridgeration stock. This is all Dairy, Meat, Deli and Produce. Our store is completly bare. There was like 30 dumpster loads just to throw out everything.

My Manager is about to have a breakdown I think...

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
milocole said:
Had a shocker today at Coles.
We lost power (no backup??) and all of our fridges and freezes went out. It was just refrigeration and freezes, thats all. So we lost the entire freezer stock, and 90% of Refridgeration stock. This is all Dairy, Meat, Deli and Produce. Our store is completly bare. There was like 30 dumpster loads just to throw out everything.

My Manager is about to have a breakdown I think...
Oh SNAP!

that woudl've sucked. o_o

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yesterday, work was terrible.

People who organise school fetes are fucking morons. They set us all up in the sunshine, so by midday the wall was too hot to climb. We had to get the fireys to hose us down. The jumping castle had the same problem.

We lost the shade fairly swiftly, so I was putting harnesses on kids in the burning sun all.day.long. So lucky I didn't get burned.

ANNNDD so many helicopter parents. Back the fuck off. Stay on the other side of the fence. You wouldn't believe the looks parents give me when I tell them to get out of the safety zone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)