How was your o-day? (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
lol!

A golden thread!!!

Aaahaha, well at least u guys didint have to deal with random ppl jumping at u right from when u enter uni, until u leave, insisting u join the Debating club, the Comedy club... or weirdest of all ... The "Chocolate" club...

It took me about 1.5 hours to get to Penrith Campus, AND I DONT EVEN GO UWS, beat that!!!

sorry i couldnt include the car distance comparison, I have no idea how far penrith is from my house by car

lol, veterandoggy, I guess next time u should think twice before u decide to neglect the "blind spot" ;) :uhhuh:

Im sure we all had our fair share of Public transport "adventures"

Sorry, I got bored from the UNSW forum, UWS is much more interesting

physician

HSC
politik said:
Wow you guys seem to have had a bad orientation from what i've heard - why doesnt UWS try to make it more of a festival like UNSW? I mean, they do have alot of students, I would assume they would mak it more fun and friendlier.

When i went to enrolment with a friend, the guys handing out chuppa chops and bags gave me the impression that O week was gunna be cool at UWS... the ppl at UWS are pretty cool, but i think like most uni students theyre just lazy... I cant see myself in 2 yrs time, sitting in a store chasing ppl to sign up to some club..nor will i be willing to organise some "fun" activities lol...

It was pretty cool at UNSW, but to tell u the truth I wasnt paying much attention to all the suroundings, it was more like - go to the faculty welcomes, meet some 1st yrs.. and get the heck out of there - then again im just not a fan of big stuffy crowds!

physician

HSC
politik said:
I just feel so guilty - ie, we had the best o-week... I dont know why all Universities cant put on a proper welcome for its students.

Good point I guess, it is kind of welcoming and the fact that they went through the trouble to organise everything is really enough of a welcome in itself!

Maybe its because UWS has like 5 campuses or something, therefore having a smaller amount of students when u measure it in terms of how many students go to each individual campus. So did UWS have like absolutely nothing special organised for orientation?

spillargroove

HSC
It's was more like first day at Kindergarten. You mean your new teachers and other people but that's it. I definitely know UNSW, USYD and UTS had very good Orientation days. I don't know maybe its because of resources or management...

Kulazzi

HSC
politik said:
Wow you guys seem to have had a bad orientation from what i've heard - why doesnt UWS try to make it more of a festival like UNSW? I mean, they do have alot of students, I would assume they would mak it more fun and friendlier.
I agree. Apparently they had a bbq at the parramatta campus. Hello? Bankstown's alive too you know >.< It was like as if someone laid a blanket of silence over the bankstown campus, if you know what I mean...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)