How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
:p Ohh...

Teacher sees me doing Physics hw in English and tells me to stop wasting English time and remarks that "Time is Money".

I tell her Time is Distance over Speed.

:( Bad.
Euh, I do not quite see the difference between ... and ... .

That's ... good ... but...
Euh... also:
There are also a number of joke proofs, such as the proof that "Girls = evil":
  1. "Girls require time and money": girls = time x money
  2. "Time is money": time = money
  3. So girls are money-squared: girls = money^2
  4. "Money is the root of all evil": money = root of evil
  5. So girls are evil: girls = (root of evil)^2 = evil
Or, engineers and scientists will never make as much money as business executives will. Now, for the first time we have an irrefutable math proof that explains why this is in fact true.

Postulate 1: Knowledge is power.
Postulate 2: Time is money.

As every engineer/physicist knows, Work / Time = Power

Since knowledge = Power, and Time = Money, we have Work / Money = Knowledge

Solving for Money, we get: Work / Knowledge = Money Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, ... money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done.

Conclusion: The less you know, the more you make.
:)

I did nigh-nothing practical today. I played football (soccer) in the morning during scripture time (I do not attend scripture, because I prefer not to adhere to the rigid constraints that are set by the fallacy religion), and I know that I'm awful at sport.
Hehe... fun, but... it's sport.

First period = Chem. Sort of finished the gravimetric analysis. Nothing bad.
Mental notes for my peers: Pouring cold tap water on a heated evaporating basin is never good.
Do not stick your hand in the heating flame, or even the safety flame for a substantial period of time.
Do not touch any conductor of heat that is being heated.
And, wear bloody safety goggles.

Second = Math. Somewhat late to class, because of chem prac, and getting information regarding something... that only the teacher and I shall know.
Did something challenging today... nothing.

Third = Bio. Played with phenol-4,4'-(3h-2,1-benzoxathiol-3-ylidene)bis-2-bromomethyl-6-(1-methylethyl)-S,S-dioxide, monosodium salt... ...
while testing soil acidity.
Killed ants, while doing capture-recapture. I mean, how can you put a dot of liquid paper on an ant without crushing its abdomen?

Fourth = English.
I can say that I am still not used to the teacher's voice, but I can safely say that I don't hate him/her for his/her voice.
English is a bit boring when there's a class discussion going on, and I can say that I do not enjoy it much, unless it's the smart people talking *shameless plug to simonloo, and AjMB*.
Public speaking ~ debating, IMO. Debating > public speaking, in prestige, though.

Fifth = Phys.
Distance/time, velocity/time graphs. Not hard at all. I need to wear glasses though...

Sixth = English.
Not at all different from fourth.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
:p Ohh...

Teacher sees me doing Physics hw in English and tells me to stop wasting English time and remarks that "Time is Money".

I tell her Time is Distance over Speed.

:( Bad.

hey you told me that before!

its funny because, you owned her ass big time. :)

and my school day was good. nice and bludgy double english. yippeee.

well it wasn't nice. i didn't finish the in class essay. but argh. bludgy none the less. :)

after school. had two friends wetting each other on the buses. :\ joys of friday night footy... (codeword for YAY ITS FRIDAY PARTYYYY)

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
Lucid, why do you have to sound so smrat?
Because, I do jack all in the macrocosm of real life, and act ignorant, for the sake of it, and then, I need a catharsis - I used to use a blog, like I did with MSN and all that, but that's all BS, and was emo.
In truth, I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to; now, controlling that is difficult.
If that is resultant of psychological matters, well, gosh, isn't that just too bad?!
I try not to sound smart, unless I'm writing essays, where I'll have to dumb down, so the examiners don't shout 'WTF?', while his/her/their heads implode, while marking them.
Also, I'm an arse. Hear, hear!
And, private schools FTW, maybe?
Finally, because, I am actually adept in science, and do not need to use any more of my supposed "10% mind usage" (it's actually less), and, to a lesser extent, English, unlike my sisters, even younger (oh, but she's just smart in every facet), or any other Asian, for that matter.

I have to read Frankenstein, and gather resources for English Extension I...
Maths...work.

Also, I'm dead-set that I'll do Public Speaking. That will be my new release, so I can make private school kids 'eat their own heads'.
Debating... pffft, Mr. M Selway was, and is, the best debating coach ever. (Why did he leave us?)

AND, discussed matters of academic importance with my sci teachers (STA)... fun, fun...
Also, today, I felt an inkling of pang of conscience ... I do not know how the award scheme at my school works.

Fulfilling day. Wonderful! All in all, I feel that I finally somewhat belong at my school, regardless of however begrudgingly this is accepted.

Edited in:
LottoX said:
Lol.

"I'm overqualified to teach you students" <---- Best quote ever.

"All our ancestors did incest" <---- Second best quote ever.
Good to know that you still read my posts, and comprehend, charming.

He taught you, LottoX? Still, could you guys have given us the secrets of your success, Ms. Barr and ... Ms. Trompeter, and let us keep Mr. Selway?

If you're truly wondering, I get crap from university; this is what that causes this phenomenon, I guess.
PrettyVacant said:
Cool, I'm related to you<3
Oh dear... we're all the byproducts of ungodly relations, and freaks of nature.

Ppl stop fkn; we"11 create the superhumans prematurely.....

Which brings me onto the next point, South Americans are passionate people, passionate people who have no idea about what the heck they're saying. Also, most of them are infatuated with their second cousins, guys and gals.

simonloo may or may not know.
The big words kinda turn me on though.
Oh really?
Your lack of big words kind of turn me on, though.
But you know what they say...the bigger the words...
The smaller the... something-o?
If that's the case, why bring that up? It's not as though you're shallow, or anything?

I just realised that I'll be a geezer when I graduate from HS.:( But also, I be older, so as to get a driver's licence.^_^
PrettyVacant said:
Stop it dude, I think my head is going to implode as well.
In all seriousness, sure thing, sunshine.:)
Anything for you, dearie.

School day... uh, I'm really unco at sport; thus, I'm really unco at football. (Pfft.)
I'm also a midget in comparison to my peers.:D

Last edited:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Which brings me onto the next point, South Americans are passionate people, passionate people who have no idea about what the heck they're saying. Also, most of them are infatuated with their second cousins, guys and gals.
Duh, it's cause South Americans are so fucking gorgeous! 90% of pageant winners are probably from there.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Had assembly, English, Biology and Modern History today. The rain fell so heavy, there was so much water on our ovals. For English, we got our set text: Things Fall Apart. For biology, we used the microscope to look at onion cells. I now smell :( For Modern history, finished our video and starting a mini Personality Study of Maximilien Robespierre.

After school, we had our tennis trials in the hall. I made it :)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Today was our 'Annual School Swimming Carnival' lol .. too bad it was pouring so they sent those who weren't "serious swimmers" back to school .. so yeahh .. there were like 40 or so of us there .. And i must say, it was one hell of a cold time when you weren't in the pool. Well yes, it was one weird day. Like no team spirit or whatever, but ah well, nobody to see you when you lose ! & omg ! i brought my cambridge textbook with me (oh the agony!) and BAD IDEA ! i got it wet ! It was so new ! .. and now its like wrinklyyy .. i feel so badd .. lol. And got back and had a free period ! woo ! 1st one ! .. but i wasted it just drying my textbook in the library and going to food court to listen to music. = ="

HSC
N/A
dr baby beanie said:
:rofl: that's what I said!!...but it still didn't bring back BoS!

edit: without the swearing though :)
Bullshit isn't swearing.
Anyway, teachers even use it.

BoS is a learning resource? So, should I just burn all these stupid textbooks, then? What say you, Mr. LottoX?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
They probably banned it because they saw all teh fantastic resources BoS has, and were scared everyone might plagiarise them :eek:

Shame on you, DET!

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
School was ok, rain made recess and lunchtime soccer fun.
Highlight of the day: Seeing our deputy's office trashed on the way to RC. Apparently somebody kicked the door in and totally flipped his table over. Police were there investigating. Most likely a student with a grudge, maybe even a teacher.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
^Was he angry?

I think the most gruesome thing I've seen at school was when vandals entered out school, and into teh Agriculture farm. They slaughtered the chickens, and placed their heads on the tips of the mesh fences :( Really horrible and inhumane

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
School was ok, rain made recess and lunchtime soccer fun.
Highlight of the day: Seeing our deputy's office trashed on the way to RC. Apparently somebody kicked the door in and totally flipped his table over. Police were there investigating. Most likely a student with a grudge, maybe even a teacher.
Hehe, indeed, rain made recess soccer fun.
I never knew you guys do that, simonloo. Pretty fun... though, I'm not sure whether I'm accepted there, so yeh... live in moderation.

I tend to spend my school days' lunches near the loo and the Great Hall with the guys who are Chinese.

Yeppers, senior deputy's office was ransacked, and thoroughly pwn'd. You should've seen the look on the fella's face... not that I even saw it, when he was apparently infuriated.

Bio is utterly stupid. The teacher does not teach; rather, he patronises us, and thinks we cannot write Band 6 responses, or something like that.

simonloo's and my English teacher wasn't there; she's on Year 7 camp. Bludge, with deine Führerin (De. sp?).
^Was he angry?
Kujah, yes he was or at least he seemed that way.

sleepplease

HSC
Kujah said:
^Was he angry?

I think the most gruesome thing I've seen at school was when vandals entered out school, and into teh Agriculture farm. They slaughtered the chickens, and placed their heads on the tips of the mesh fences :( Really horrible and inhumane
Kujah that's so sickening. To think that people can be so mindlessly cruel makes me sad and angry and upset and .... :( :( :( It's so so so horrible. :(

-------

My school day was beautiful despite the rain :) Had a great day, love all my subjects, feeling pretty stressed with everything I'm doing and trying to juggle that with all the work.. but I loooove year 11 :)

Hope you guys have great evenings :)

HanT

HSC
Bleugh! School is pretty average....but hopefully it will get better! GO YEAR 11!:rofl:

Siddhartha

HSC
I heard that the person who broke in to the deputy's office was trying to delete some administration files, probably absences. Anyway, that office was a sight for sore eyes.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Let's see, an uneventful day like usual.

We had Biology, where we looked at euglenas under the microscope. We did more worksheets about the microscope, and its effect on the Cell Theory.

Then we had MX1. We're still continuing polynomials.

Modern History was next. We finished the French Revolution, did the Industrial Revolution in 5 minutes (cause it was so boring), and started on the Russian Revolution :)

Then we had English. We did some roleplaying, and my group decided to do a drama act on someone who hasn't changed. Near the end of our scene, he accidentally knocked me onto the floor :eek:. Then we read Things Fall Apart for the rest of the lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)