How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
Hm... oh, I can't even post an attachment.
As timlay (I suppose) has told you, or maybe some of your peers who chat with us Sydney Boys' High students (very unlikely chance, I think), we generally have six periods a day, and we have fortnightly cycles - there are two weeks, which are known as "A", and "B".

Monday A/B: 6 53 minute periods.
Tuesday A/B: 6 53 minute periods.
Wednesday (if a senior, i.e. Yr10/11/12 - Yr10's are now seniors, a change that only occurred this year, to my chagrin): 4 periods of however many minutes, and sport.
Wednesday (if a junior): 6 periods, till 3:10.

HAHAHA...NSBHS kiddos whine about us getting let out "earlier"... as if. Anyway, it's because it's relative, and the school is closer to the station than their school.

Uh... oh...
Thursday: Same arrangement, just inverted.
Friday: 30 minutes of scripture; 6 less-than-normal-53 minute periods.

We end at 3:20 pm, and start at 8:53 am, roll-call time.

To make matters worse, both students and teachers can make your day worse, and a good deal have monotones (or speech impediments) that dwindle the attention span of the average pubescent boy.

I sort of enjoyed my day, today. We did a chem prac, and are doing a phys prac the following lesson. Problem is, the class' students aren't quite bright, or exception. (And yet, SBHS is supposed to produce the best phys+chem cohorts.)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Had English, Chemistry, Modern History, and Maths. Got homework from all subjects. I'm getting my normaility back :)

Off-topic: LottoX got banned? :(

Edit: We did our first chem prac today!!! We separated sand, salt and water :rofl:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Kujah said:
Had English, Chemistry, Modern History, and Maths. Got homework from all subjects. I'm getting my normaility back :)

Off-topic: LottoX got banned? :(

Edit: We did our first chem prac today!!! We separated sand, salt and water :rofl:
You have to be kidding me.

Omg..I'm going to boycott Bos. There is no point! :(

\wrists.

PrettyVacant

HSC
PrettyVacant said:

\wrists.
@ your edit.

FAR OUT! WE DID THAT TOO! FILTRATION AND EVAPORATION?! HOW STUPID! EVERYONE DOES THAT. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:
FILTRATION AND EVAPORATION?!
:uhhuh: yeah. We only got to the filtration part, but when we started to evaporate the salt water, the bell rang. I hate the smell of gas :(

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lol same here. We were like, "OMG! We don't wanna turn the burners off..." :(

HSC
N/A
Hilarious. We're to do a ticker tape/time speed prac, and to finish the very same mandatory (read!) tomorrow (or maybe the day after; anyway, the next chem lesson).

I feel that we're reiterating Yr7, 10, and possibly our schooling years gone by. In Yr7 Junior Science, we separated sand, salt, and water; and now, we're doing it again, just with a significantly more competent teacher.

Also, my physics teacher, the Head of Science, keeps getting mixed up with velocity, when teaching us speed.
:(
There, there, PrettyVacant. Don't slash your wrists.
Boycott? Ha, what's that meant to be an act of, again?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lucid Scintilla said:
Also, my physics teacher, the Head of Science, keeps getting mixed up with velocity, when teaching us speed.
Reminds me of last year's SC when everyone was arguing about that one-word answer about motion. Everyone was saying acceleration, velocity, speed etc

PrettyVacant

HSC
Head of science = My chem teacher.

I thought he'd be good.

He's muddleheaded.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Our science teachers seem to have a thing for misunderstanding surnames. My friend's surname has three different interepretations with three different teachers.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Wish my last name was "fu".

Then the teachers would call my name and ask me to spell it.

I'd be like "EFF YOU!"

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha. I remember my teacher in my year 8 computing class doing roll call. We had someone with his first and second name the same. Felt sorry for him - he was laughed at throughout the year :(. Everyone would be like (insert name) squared.

Lot'o'seX

HSC
N/A
PrettyVacant said:

\wrists.
Aww... It'd going to be hard to boycott BoS, though.

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
I feel that we're reiterating Yr7, 10, and possibly our schooling years gone by. In Yr7 Junior Science, we separated sand, salt, and water; and now, we're doing it again, just with a significantly more competent teacher.
They will step it up soon enough

Lot'o'seX

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
They will step it up soon enough
Yupm it;s just some preliminary steps to get you through later with Gravimetric analysis, as well as compounds andmixtures stuff later.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Had Biology, Maths, Modern History and Chemistry today. Did sheets about the history of the development of Cells in Bio, did more on the reviison of factorisation in Maths, watched a video on the French revolution, and finished off our seperation experiment today. It was an arlight kind of day.

Free period tomorrow :)

HSC
N/A
I wonder how you circumvent the (IP?) ban, LottoX...

School was shitty today; sport was shittier.
Chem - gravimetric analysis is v. difficult, like Hell-yeah; phys - ticker timers; English - I forgot... oh, essay, poems, and listening to Spaniard use 'like' too much; Math - trig.

Ruddy r... p....

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
They don't really ban IPs here. Not unless it's really serious, I'd imagine. Pretty much everyone who gets banned here creates another account until the original's ban is removed (which it almost always is).

Swimming carnival today. My arms got sunburnt. :(

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
They don't really ban IPs here. Not unless it's really serious, I'd imagine. Pretty much everyone who gets banned here creates another account until the original's ban is removed (which it almost always is).

Swimming carnival today. My arms got sunburnt. :(
Okay, thanks for the tech-tip, Jachie.

As for your swimming carnival, I hope you didn't get too sunburnt and it doesn't pain you too much. Right now, it's storming here, which is quite a contrast to early today; still, you have it better than us - the average temp of the day we had our carnival was searing.

You might want to apply some after-sun lotion, or something soothing, like aloe vera; unfortunately, this doesn't do a much to the radiation that has already permeated your skin.:(

I hope you had fun, though.

Hm, my day in depth... I pointed out to my peers that they're is a different between the concepts of "mass" and "weight", and "speed" and "velocity", and informed people of "impulse" (the product of the force and the time during which it acts), which some immature idiot cracked a joke about "lust" as a vector quantity. (Then again, I am informed by my sources that this is not necessarily 100% correct [at least to Uni standards].) Also, it was a lame joke, and non sequitur.

Sport was okay, but I hate the teacher who takes us.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
My maths teacher looks like Colonel Sanders. Serious, no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)