How we feel about the HSC (1 Viewer)

HSC
On the radio, I just heard that apparently only 10-11% of us in the state have a positive attitude towards the HSC. How accurate that is, I don't know. But wow, there is another 90% or so that think otherwise. A lady interviewed said that "it is not the end of the world", I guess for some of us it does feel like that when you go through it, with so many things that affect your mark in the end.

DoubleD

....Theonly One
HSC
I fit into to 90% :)
Its not the end of the world, And persnallly i've not wanted to be doing year12 work all year, puled a fair few of my marks down though, but i couldnt care less.
It would really supprise me if deep down only 10% had a positivfe attiutude..

Then again.. have i taken it wrong and only 10-11% of the state have a positive attitude towards te results their going to get, if thats the case.. i think it's an overstatement :p

D

HSC
I think it was just a general statement that 10% of us have a positive attitude towards the HSC, but hey maybe it is correct, I know there are a few people who are just shitted off by the HSC, not scared of it, maybe that constitutes the other 90% of that figure. I think I understand that figure, but it is quite extreme. I wonder how they estimate/obtain that figure.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I can't eat and have lost 5kg. I think that sums it up decently.

jdrockefeller

HSC
I've hated this 3 week period of studying. I was ready for the exams two weeks ago. I'm looking forward to the exams cos I know I'll do well.

HSC
I guess everyone is different, and it depends upon the people around you. A lot of my friends do not really worry about it, but there are a few that do. Sure it is not the end of everything, but I suppose if you do well and it can get you into what you want to do faster, there is an element of pressure. But I know in my case I probably put it on myself, thinking that my parents or whoever are still hoping I get into university.

I know some people like jdrockefeller are all prepared and confident, but some of us don't have that confidence, and that may not be because we haven't studied, it is just the anxiety and uncertainty that kills the confidence.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i havent studied one bit, i sucked at all my assessments, but i still look forward to the actual exams. It means they'll be over soon. My attitude is that i know school isnt everything. The hsc isnt teh end of the world. I look forward to "the other side" lol

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
:D:D tis good. Theyre just bloody tests. that determine nothing really. theres heaps of other ways around everything!! if you want to do something badly enough, you can get it

Counterfeit

HSC
How do I feel?

Ill.

Just plain ill.

I don't think I'm stressed... like i have no doubt that I'll do fine... but my body is saying otherwise.
Im down to 50kg on the dot... not good.
And i seem to have a slight constant tremor in my hands and just a general sense of unease, like whenever i hear loud noises i have the gretest urge to vomit.
And the one monthly thing that usually doesn't come about when i'm stressed decided to rear its ugly head today... with a vengance.

Sigh. shoot me.

HSC
Oh I know, you say you're fine, but your body goes into like shutdown or complete shit-ville. I can understand how you feel. Before the trials, when I was studying I did not eat much at all, maybe 1/4 of what I usually eat, and then what I got my appetite back, I couldn't eat because my body realised I was soooo hungry at once, and I just couldn't move. The body is a crazy thingymagiggy.

I know if you want something you can get it. It is just I want to go to University for it, and I am quite impatient, so I want it sooner rather than later :eek: All I want is a UAI of 80-81 and I will be happy as larry.

Aimz- Lou.

I am trying to keep positive - but I feel ill too. Get dizzy spells, and have lost weight. Sleeping patterns are really messed up, too. Sometimes I wonder if its really worth it.

Jiga

The HSC isnt really the end of the world, it just saves time! What I mean by this? Well if you dont go good in the HSC it means you have to say go to a college, or tafe which means you have to do a 3 year course first and then get into uni that way. Or you may get into uni but not your desired course, so you have to really work hard and get like a GPA of like 6 or something to transfer courses/uni's. Its all about time, going through tafe etc will cost you the most, 3 years, through another uni course may cost ya 6 months. In the end, if ya wana get to uni, you can!!!

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
:D:D tis good. Theyre just bloody tests. that determine nothing really. theres heaps of other ways around everything!! if you want to do something badly enough, you can get it
THATS EXACTLY THE ATTITUDE I HAVE AND EXACTLY the attitude everyone else should have...some might study their arses off and not get the mark they want..be depressed for years and years..and end up working in a supermarket (im not knocking that occupation either because i may well end up doing that,and i we have family friends that do work as a checkout chick)..whereas those who dont worry too much study when they want to (which may be for 6 hours every day or for a total of 5 hours in the last two weeks>>thats me)...dont get the mark they need but still get into uni and swap courses to do the one they wanted initially, and be rich,then again..maybe not! there is always other options..and as shelly said if you want something badly enough, you can get it you just have to look at all the ways of getting it! in he end we all choose how to handle our future..

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
c_james said:
I can't eat and have lost 5kg. I think that sums it up decently.
wow i wish i could do that. do you sleep? do you sit there and study from fear though, is that why you don't eat?

HSC
I don't know about you, but I have a reduced fear from constant anxiety, although I do get the odd chocolate urge, but i have this feeling they won't be coming back too soon either.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
lol, i have alot of fear and alot of anxiety about the hsc, but just cause i don't show it, my parents think i don't care much, no matter wat i do or wat i say.

DanielleM

HSC
A prob is that alot of peoples parents EXPECT their kids to go heaps well and they will be humiliated by everyone if they dont. I dont like having the pressure of that, but I know people who have it worse...
And I hate being compared to others by parents, that just makes you feel so stupid compared to their kids who got 99. ...

I can't wait till the HSC is over, but I've had heaps of fun this year too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)