How were your first days (or first days back)? (1 Viewer)

spazamataz

HSC
Well I've been bumming around today, no classes :)

But yesterday was pretty overwhelming, like it actually hit me that I go to uni now!

The lecture was what I expected, so I wasn't disappointed when I got bored.

And the rain! I pretty much kicked off my shoes because it got too slippery and ran across the McKinnon lawn area, and then sitting in that god damn shuttle bus slipping over even more!!!

Well I'm excited to start my BCM subjects, apparently we get marked on our blogging, so thats pretty cool!!

H S C

HSC
was that after mgmt110
cos it was pouring when i got out
those brick pavements r so slippery

harryc

HSC
I still haven't even started yet. First lecture is tomorrow morning.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Woke up at 7 after 2.5 broken sleep. Got in, and hung with the people I had come in with. Went of to my first class that finish 1/2hour early. Then went of to help assist the Stage Manager of the first year performance show (he had classes on). Then went to uniBar with first years to drink, play pool etc. Then went back home, when friends were leaving at 7.30. Long Day; fell asleep at 11:30pm.

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
I'm loving my third year. Something clicked in my head and I am actually doing my uni work. Pretty enjoyable actually.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
sat in a class with 1st years who tried to argue with the lecturer, and one who kept referencing irrelevant things like the da vinci code.

face palming my way through my 5th year haha

spazamataz

HSC
I thought people in BCM would be heaps friendly but no one talked to me :(
Oh well, it was still bludges of lectures!

pman

Banned
HSC
I've got Doc for physics and all he seems to do is play pink floyd music clips..awesome fun but I only got 4 hours sleep on tuesday night (or really wednesday morning) because of the turn around between classes

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
I've got Doc for physics and all he seems to do is play pink floyd music clips..awesome fun but I only got 4 hours sleep on tuesday night (or really wednesday morning) because of the turn around between classes
Oh, he is an awesome lecturer. Someone almost lost an eye when I was in his class.

Although, I have been told that after first year, his lectures are boring.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
you might find that people are more willing to talk in tutorials, more group work, seminar presentations for example often have to be paired and there is much more opportunity for discussion.

on the other hand, sit next to and talk to someone who is also on their own, bcm is a pretty cliquey degree but noone is going to bite your head off for trying to start a conversation!

glo-stick91

HSC
I would have talked to you. lol. But yeah, i arrived late to the first lecture and the girl i sat next to was pretty nice :)
So what tute's did you enrol in?

H S C

HSC
i didnt make anyfriends im gonna be a loner for the rest of my educational experience

spazamataz

HSC
I just submitted my first bit of assessable work! :eek:

I would have talked to you. lol. But yeah, i arrived late to the first lecture and the girl i sat next to was pretty nice :)
So what tute's did you enrol in?
I got overloaded into BCM102 on Tuesday at 12:30, and BCM101 at 5:30 on a Wednesday!
And for commerce subjects, MGMT110 4:30 on Wednesday, and MARK101 at 2:30.

I hate the late finish on Wednesdays soooo much!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
MGMT110 4:30 on Wednesday, and MARK101 at 2:30.
Both of these are incredibly easy. I didn't got to lectures or buy the book, and got a C for MARK and a D for MGMT. My MGMT essay recieved almost full marks.

spazamataz

HSC
Both of these are incredibly easy. I didn't got to lectures or buy the book, and got a C for MARK and a D for MGMT. My MGMT essay recieved almost full marks.
Wow
Well i'm thinking if I need to miss the lecture it will be okay, because all the slides are on there anyway.
I still don't even know what i'm supposed to do, like do I go and read the chapter the lecture was on last week and make notes, or what?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Some classes would have small tasks already due. Mostly homework-y sorts of things.

H S C

HSC
is it serious that lectures arnt compulsory lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)