• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How will Casey do in WORLD Idol (1 Viewer)

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
im not a casey fan so yeh.. i rekon anthony's voice is much better, and if talking abt the W.I, then my opinion will be that anthony may do better than casey, as for Guy, casey (and anthony) may be better than Guy. i knew Guy wouldnt get the W.I

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
I always hated Guy. Plus he didn't sing a song that really worked for him.
If Casey chooses a good song and smiles she might do alright. Or she might do crap.

Seabiscuit

HSC
LadyBec said:
I always hated Guy. Plus he didn't sing a song that really worked for him.
If Casey chooses a good song and smiles she might do alright. Or she might do crap.
Yeah in World Idol Guy chose a dodgy song, and made an even dodgier arrangement out of it. But then again all the other singers seemed to do that as well. :S Comparing Casey to last year's contestants she seems to have a better voice than most of them, so maybe if she chooses a decent song she'll do well.
But Anthony singing the Prayer would DEFINATELY have won! :)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
In Guy's defence, he didn't choose "what a wonderful world" himself. idol producers did... or someone like that. or dicko, can't remember for sure. but Guy wanted to sing "when doves cry" and he had to ask prince for permission but was denied. so there you go. i reckon if he sang "angels brought me here" he had a really good chance at winning WI last yr. and casey does too, let's just hope she gets given a good song. though you can't deny anthony's prayer would win it for him for sureee.

Fry

who cares who wins in World Idol, they'll only end up fading into obsurity like that Norwegian hobbit guy. i dont think Casey'll do well. if anything, she'll probably just get the sympathy votes.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
haha yeh.. what happened to the fugly hobbit ? he got crowned world idol.. then what ? that was it. never heard from him again.

bex

HSC
even though he was quite unfortunate looking, in defence of the hobbit, i think his voice was awesome! he sounded so much like bono and i think he deserved to win. Why does everyone (well everyone who has so far mentionde her on this thread) not like casey? i think she has just as much a chance as guy did.. AND how can you compare her to guy anyway.. heaps of people have already said 'i dont think she will do as well as guy did' well exactly how can it be measured? in the end theres only one world idol and no prizes for runner up and the winner wasnt guy. lastly, to those who have said that nothing comes of the idols, which is a pretty general statement but what about Kelly Clarkson? she has had at least 4 hits that i can think of in australia and one of her songs featured on the Love Actually soundtrack (the trouble with love is). she may or may not be a lasting superstar but only time will tell. so i say Go casey! the australian public (well, the minimal representation of it that watches australian idol) chose her over anthony, so theres no point in whinging over how great anthony would have been, all we can do is sit back and see how her career unfolds.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
i agree with bex. As to the World Idol prize, I think he released his single over in America and some other country, in which he won't be able to if he hadn't won World Idol. i guess that was his prize.

Kelly is great. her second album comes out next monday.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
I actually do like Casey. I like all of them.. her, Anthony and Guy are all completely different to each other and their talents can't be compared. All i can say is.. if the hobbit won it last yr.. anything's possible for Casey.

Fry

yeah, i think Kelly will stand the test of time. her debut album was surprisingly good..there wasn't a bad track on the album.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
bex said:
AND how can you compare her to guy anyway.. heaps of people have already said 'i dont think she will do as well as guy did' well exactly how can it be measured?
measured by thinking about how the world will consider her and how the world considered guy and seeing which will have a more positive outcome.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
bex said:
even though he was quite unfortunate looking, in defence of the hobbit, i think his voice was awesome! he sounded so much like bono and i think he deserved to win. .
I agree, he sang the song really well, and did sound like Bono.His voice was cool

rumour

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
funny if they sent mark holden to world idol!
That would make it more interesting, compared to last year's World Idol!!!!!!!!

superbird

HSC
JKDDragon said:
I doubt she'd do that well. World Idol never seems to be about talent, and the world is a superficial place. I actually liked her but found out the other day that apparently she's a bit of a snob. So now I hate her and hope she goes crap.
dont believe everything u hear

dave_119

Banned
HSC
she'll win, mainly because our government will complain to the UN, that she is 1/3200 aboriginal.. they'' say 'omg she has to win'.. becasue they will be called racist... end of story

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
dave_119 said:
she'll win, mainly because our government will complain to the UN, that she is 1/3200 aboriginal.. they'' say 'omg she has to win'.. becasue they will be called racist... end of story
that's one of the most idiotic statements i've had the misfortune to read...
What on earth has the UN got to do with world idol? and what makes you think our government gives a fuck about it?
Really, it's not THAT inportant

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
did you realise the post was a joke or did you take it literally?

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
WAS it a joke? You never know with people around here.....
But if it was one, it was still idiotic :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol yeah i'm 99% sure it was a joke. because as if the government would complain, the government doesn't care, they probably don't know the show exists. dave was just bringing in the whole politically correct thing, not being racist, i don't know how to word it but he was joking. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)