• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How would one pack on muscle with basic equipment and little to no supplements (2 Viewers)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
join a local rugby team
go cardio boxing

I'd say actual activites > exercise equipment

Other than that *shrug*

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hahahahahaha if I played rugby I'd get my ribs shattered :(

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
if you just want weight, eat tons before you go to sleep
of good food, mind, not stuff like macccas

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mr_brightside said:
Play AFL then
Unco, can't kick accurately for shit.

I've found out I can get access to weights soon, so I'll start proper training within the next couple of weeks.

lengy

HSC
20kg dumbell sets are usually $75. Get them at Rebel Sport.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
http://www.gnclivewell.com.au/products/default.asp
Check this site for supplements, or go to their store. You wouldn't have to use them forever - just use a few tubs and that's it. It's worth the money and they do help if you use it properly. My bro used to take supplements years ago (he was a skinny shit like you) and he stopped taking them a short time later, when he got to a good weight. He eats a lot more now (i.e. the same as a normal person would).

You could join usyd gym :p

Oh if you manage to get a bar (like the ones weightlifters use, maybe minus the weights), it'd help - you know, to work out your back and shoulders.

quik.

HSC
Just on the protein thing, try to get about 1.5-2g per kilo of bodyweight.

A full chicken breast will have about 30-40 grams of protein, a double quarter pounder at maccas (hey, everyone cheats sometimes!) has 50 something but is also 50something in fat.

Eggs, chicken, fish, red meats are all good sources of protein.

As a beginner you should, if your lifting and eating properly, see pretty substantial gains at the initial stage which will then settle into regular steady gains.

I find http://www.t-nation.com/ to be awesome for any questions or simply reading up on topics. They have heaps of workout plans in their articles and archives.

Good luck :]

NinjaSauce

HSC
Exphate said:
Originally Posted by Exphate
Just eat more cals than you burn

[weightgain]

vanush said:
Um.. he's right. You wont get weight unless you eat more than your maintence. That just... well... basic knowledge.

lengy said:
20kg dumbell sets are usually $75. Get them at Rebel Sport.
Thats bloody expensive. 3.75 a kg!?
20kg is a pissweak amount of weight too. Buy a olybar set from Ebay [from a store, not a random], with around 150 Kilos to start. Work up from there.

Bob.J said:
well one thing with the eggs. eat like 4 boiled eggs in the morning. Except dont eat the egg yolk since taht's just cholesterol. THe egg white is where all the protein is.
Please get out of the 70s and read your science. Eggs are to shizz-nizz. Its amazing people still propagate this crazy 'eggs are bad' info.
Hell, Alot of studies show eggs LOWER cholesterol. Also fats are hyper essental in the diet if you want to keep your hormones running. ESPECIALLY saturated fats [which i might add, or only 30% of the fat in an egg].
Also, [im on a roll!] with 4 egg whites, you'd only get about... 12grams of protien. 15g if i was generous. thats just ridiculously low.

Don't worry about me though, i'll be dead by next week. Seeing i just ate 8 eggs [with yokes! OMG!] this morning. And have done so 90% of the time for the last 6 months.

Evilo

HSC
put a 5-10kg weight in your backpack (+ water) and do some mountain runs. Attach weights to arms for extra power...

lengy

HSC
Just because you can't get weights doesn't mean you can't do pushups or crunches.

J. Lennon

HSC
N/A
rippetoe's. Google it. It's a program intended for noobs like most of us teens.

CRANK-SHAFT

i'm on urPC,pwning n00bs
HSC
think about what you have around the home like suitcases and stuff and anything eavy with handles etc. Thats How I did it and now look great and I used to be a fatso basically. Took a lot of cardio, and ab work.

Some other tips like- let your muscles recover efficiently, drink plenty of water and exercise in sets with attention to proper form..good luck

sja

dingleberry
HSC
The amount of resistance you are going to build by your own natural body is hardly ANYTHING to rip up yourself in any time soon.

Go to the gym there is no alternative. Seriously. You are going to waste your time. The "weight" you put on will go around your legs/stomach.

bodybuilding.com

wendaYYY

no pain no gain
HSC
you wanna pack on the muscle?
i set myself a program that i do everyday, goes something like this:
- 70 lifts of dumbell with each arm IT FKN HURTS LIKE CRAZY BUT THINK ABOUT HOW SEXY YOU GONNA LOOK AFTER
- 35 stomach crunches non-stop, no breaks in between DO THIS WHILE WATCHING TV, KEEPS YOUR MIND OF THE PAIN, DON'T DO AFTER EATING
- my dad built this bar thing in the car port that i hang like a monkey on and do chin ups on GO TO LOCAL PARK AND DO ON MONKEY BARS
- leg strength, walk up and down stairs WALKING DOWN DOESN"T COUNT AS ANYTHING, it's walking UP that counts, walk up 20 times

yeah, that's basically what i do, first week, hurt like crazy and very sore, but afterwards your body gets used to it

motivation is a major key, you must do it everyday

step up your game when you feel you're strong enough to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)