• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How's everyone coping? (2 Viewers)

jnney

lemon
HSC
tbh im not too keen to go into medicine anymore because it just seems too hard. but ive already signed up for medentry and so i might put in some effort into umat.
If you've already decided this, then don't stress about the umat. Put minimal effort into it. You don't want the extra pressure to affect your performance in the trials.

funkiirose

HSC
yeah im not stressing which makes me even more stressed because i see other people stressing (if you get what i mean). im annoyed because my half yearly report was sent out a few weeks ago and i not happy with it at all :(

Aysce

HSC
yeah im not stressing which makes me even more stressed because i see other people stressing (if you get what i mean). im annoyed because my half yearly report was sent out a few weeks ago and i not happy with it at all :(
Love how all the lurkers are posting now haha.

Anyways, I think you should progressively start doing work so, for example:

Day 1 - Finish homework, 1 hour revision of X subject
Day 2 - Finish homework, 1.5 hour revision of X and Y subject

Do not make it time-based like above, make it goal-based since I am unsure of what your goals are and what you need to complete.

jaechen

HSC
If you've already decided this, then don't stress about the umat. Put minimal effort into it. You don't want the extra pressure to affect your performance in the trials.
well ive decided the fields i will go into will be engineering/science/med so im doing umat so i can actually have a chance of getting into med as opposed to not doing it and having absolutely no chance, eliminating my options to just engineering/science. i dont really have much of a passion yet so its best i keep my options as wide as possible i think.

jaechen

HSC
Honestly, you shouldn't be discouraged since its "too hard". That's with anything in life. Even if its hard or easy, chase the dream anyways if you're determined enough otherwise you won't succeed in anything. I recommend you keep going for med if you're passionate regardless of what people say and how many setbacks you experience.
yeh but i also gotta think realistically if im capable of going into med. i guess its just if im determined/passionate enough right?

Aysce

HSC
yeh but i also gotta think realistically if im capable of going into med. i guess its just if im determined/passionate enough right?
Depends. You can be realistic but great persistence, determination and passion would usually make you go the distance. I don't think people half heartedly go for med, they either go for it or don't. I'm just guessing here.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Depends. You can be realistic but great persistence, determination and passion would usually make you go the distance. I don't think people half heartedly go for med, they either go for it or don't. I'm just guessing here.
I know right. People should be going for what they think they will enjoy, if not it's just a waste of a lot of time.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Honestly to the above poster about med, are you really passionate to do med? cause I can't tell if the worry about getting in is making you sound hesitant or your heart is not truly in it. Do not do med, let alone anything if you don't have passion for it. Bad idea even if you are capable of getting in.

But if you do want to do med, TRY! There's infinitely more chance of getting in if you try, and if you don't get in first year, you can try transferring, graduate etc.

As for me, how am I coping after another few hours...

Fine except absolutely hating Modern History and in particular Ho Chi Minh. The part b personality questions are :evilfire: Oh whhhhyyy didn't I stick with black and white, logical cause and effect, incentive and reward economics which also had an amazing teacher :cry:

Aysce

HSC
Honestly to the above poster about med, are you really passionate to do med? cause I can't tell if the worry about getting in is making you sound hesitant or your heart is not truly in it. Do not do med, let alone anything if you don't have passion for it. Bad idea even if you are capable of getting in.

But if you do want to do med, TRY! There's infinitely more chance of getting in if you try, and if you don't get in first year, you can try transferring, graduate etc.

As for me, how am I coping after another few hours...

Fine except absolutely hating Modern History and in particular Ho Chi Minh. The part b personality questions are :evilfire: Oh whhhhyyy didn't I stick with black and white, logical cause and effect, incentive and reward economics which also had an amazing teacher :cry:
Saigon - Luved it and is my Vietnamese hometown :') Lovehate, I'm sure your regrets are much lesser than mine haha. At above poster, in my opinion, I only think you should target for only one particular field but it's up to you. For me, I already know what I want and it's gon' be a wild ride.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Well a lot of people decide what they want to do later in the year. If you decide you want to do med then, then it is obviously too late if you haven't done UMAT, so doing UMAT just in case is a reasonable decision.

Clean Sweep

HSC
Does anyone think it's normal to not stress just before the exam even though you know you won't do well because you haven't studied enough? It happens to me and in the end I somehow manage to beat my friends who studied their ass off.

eat_well

HSC
Oh my goodness..I can see my physics rank going down the toilet :(. Stuffed my test up BADLY today and it was worth 35%. Lost at least 6 marks and there were only 42 marks altogether. The worst thing about it was that everyone else found it extremely easy and got all the marks I lost.
I screwed up maths as well. Lost at least 4 marks. I still have this tiny glimmer of hope that I might be able to achieve a percentile in the 90s but I have a feeling that won't happen due to silly errors.
I feel so upset at the moment :(. I don't want a bad ATAR just because I screwed these assessments up.

HSC
Uni Grad
Absolute shit. The teacher is wasting my time to the point where I have to make a body of work in three weeks for this assessment worth 25-30%. Fucking great, top job.

jaechen

HSC
Well a lot of people decide what they want to do later in the year. If you decide you want to do med then, then it is obviously too late if you haven't done UMAT, so doing UMAT just in case is a reasonable decision.
yeh thanks for understanding. what im saying is that i dont really have a passion into anything yet. im pretty sure lots of people are like me. anyways the point is im not coping well at all. i got 3 weeks to study for exams. study includes chem and phys assignments, chem and phys dot point notes, 3u and 4u maths past papers and eng practice essay. i have not completed any of them OMGGG HELP ME GUYS

mirakon

nigga
HSC
yeh thanks for understanding. what im saying is that i dont really have a passion into anything yet. im pretty sure lots of people are like me. anyways the point is im not coping well at all. i got 3 weeks to study for exams. study includes chem and phys assignments, chem and phys dot point notes, 3u and 4u maths past papers and eng practice essay. i have not completed any of them OMGGG HELP ME GUYS
Getting off bos and studying is the greatest way you can help yourself lol :)

Aysce

HSC
Getting off bos and studying is the greatest way you can help yourself lol :)
REMEMBER, THE HSC IS AN UNFINISHE- Lol jk. I'm too ~indie~ for dat.

This is what you need to do. Calm down and take one thing at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)