hsc 2009 predictions (1 Viewer)

manutd8

HSC
in addition:
the major fluctuations of the exchange rate over the past year.
.99US to .60US something & then back up again.

Freeba

HSC
im gonna predict CAD/Trade policies as well as the stimulus questions looking at current use of macro policies during the crisis.

really hoping for CAD.

i dont think environ management will come in essays as its still in the negotiations and would be quite iffy, and def not industrial relations for same reason. right?

for short answers:
- environ/ESD
- unemployment/distribution of income
- globalisation
- exchange rate

btw how probable is it to get an essay on distribution of income or inequality in the 2009 paper?

Last edited:

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
how probable is it to get an essay on distribution of income or inequality in the 2009 paper?

it hasn't been asked in an essay at all. which makes me think it could be one of the essay questions with stimulus. but then again it wasn't very topical earlier this year.

wonnny

HSC
i agree with environmental issues+ def globalision in another country being tested but i was thinking wouldnt they test us on microeconomic reform/labour market policies in on of the short answers or essays?

~caramello~

HSC
Are you guys sure about globalisation and case study?
Coz they asked a essay question on globalisation and another country in 2007 and again about the case study last year. Gonna look over it anyway but just saying.

vpa2891

HSC
I'm praying that they wont ask abt labour market policies. The law changed a lot. If they ask then i'l jump out of the window :(

truestar92

HSC
I'm praying that they wont ask abt labour market policies. The law changed a lot. If they ask then i'l jump out of the window :(
i agree i would just run out of the exam room lol i HATE labour market policies

ryanskies

HSC
that was like the 07 essay question, highly doubt it will repeat itself - i'm pretty sure theres big focus on environment - they included focus on the environment in business studies, and my teacher was on the board last year and they're really gunning for the environment over these years - also there's no way they will not ask on questions regarding the GFC, but that will be suggested through economic issues questions (most likely short answer) and you would incorporate it throughout ur essay questions 9/10 times anyway

Leo Vanguard

Hur Dur
HSC
I'm feeling its gonna be enviro, hasn't been asked before. The other one, maybe something about the CAD or globalisation issues.

Sean432

HSC
If they ask environment or labour... take the other question. Its pretty simple lol

ashleigghh

HSC
macroeconomic policy and another on the CAD would be ideal for me :)

i was talking to my economics teacher, and he thinks environmental management may be a focus next yr (once agreements have been made) but you never know - maybe SA.

ashleigghh

HSC
i dunno if thats wishful thinking.. it could very possibly be macroeconomic policy and the CAD. i hope so too :)

my teacher reckons enviro management will be next yr once agreements have been made, so maybe SA.. but you never know

chantelle-r

HSC
last year it was 'fiscal policy' for one question, and 'monetary policy' for the other..so this year it could be combined possibly?

roli

HSC
Sorry to break the bubble, but I doubt they'd ask about macroeconomic policies for the extended response two years in a row.

Environmental + Labour market Policies/MER/Structural change + case study + something from topic 1/2 (like protection, exchange rate, globalisation impacts etc).

This combination is very likely if one analyses the trends in past HSC extended response questions. And tbh, I'm hoping for this combo, as most of the state would be unprepared for it. :D

bmn

HSC
I'm hoping for one on protection (preferably the part from topic 2), and one on income distribution...

I'm fine with macro, micro, environment, labour market, inflation, unemployment, economic growth and structural change as well... Wouldn't mind exchange rates either, but would rather not have it.

Hope theres no fiscal (specifically)/cad/external stability.

Kufdeh

HSC

Serously I feel the same way. If they do my ATAR is gone :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)