HSC 2012 MX1 Marathon #2 (archive) (1 Viewer)

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
Re: HSC 2012 Marathon :)

Just going to check my step 1 here to see if I actually understand the question, Ill do the rest tomorrow too tired right now lol

Correct or way off?

seanieg89

HSC

Just going to check my step 1 here to see if I actually understand the question, Ill do the rest tomorrow too tired right now lol

Correct or way off?
Yep, notation is a little funky but the idea is write, a constant sequence will get killed straight away by the operator '. Compare this to the behaviour of a constant function being differentiated :).

seanieg89

HSC

Correct or way off?
Yep, notation is a little funky but the idea is right, a constant sequence will get killed straight away by the operator '. Compare this to the behaviour of a constant function being differentiated :).

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

Yep, notation is a little funky but the idea is write, a constant sequence will get killed straight away by the operator '. Compare this to the behaviour of a constant function being differentiated :).
Alright nice I will see if I can complete this tomorrow

(inb4 detroyed)

seanieg89

HSC

Alright nice I will see if I can complete this tomorrow

(inb4 detroyed)
Honestly not that difficult, maybe think about how you would try to prove the analogue of this theorem for functions: f is killed by taking finitely many derivatives if and only if f is a polynomial :). Because differentiation is more familiar this should be quite easy, then try to mimic this approach for the less familiar operation going on here.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

Progress

Thats just my progress on Step 3, but I keep running into that barrier, I want to be able to prove that

But I cant because I just end up with:

Am I missing something here?

seanieg89

HSC

Hint: polynomial degree. Gtg now but will look closer at your work later if you don't get it yet.

lgnorance

HSC

A point P is marked inside a regular hexagon ABCDEF so that angleBAP=angleDCP=50deg. Find angle ABP.

GL.

PS. Answer is 80deg.
Fwark, this is a good question.

Just did it using complex numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)