HSC 2013 Maths Marathon (archive) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahmoudali

HSC
Re: HSC 2013 2U Marathon

Its like saying

THEREFORE

we are just reversing what we've done, in this case I re-arranged the integrals

integrate both sides

:)

edit great why cant i write in his quote

SophxMusic

HSC
Hey just a quick question...
When writing answers what form do they usually want it in?
For example, probability could be a fraction or a decimal, integral could be in terms of pi or an approximate decimal, equations of a line could be in gradient intercept or general form etc..
Obviously if they ask for a specific form or an exact answer you would know, but if they don't specify can you lose marks for having the answer in a different form?
In a lot of past exams they have put the gradient intercept form as the answer but I'm assuming I would still be marked right if I had the correct general form unless they specified, is this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mahmoudali

HSC

Hey just a quick question...
When writing answers what form do they usually want it in?
For example, probability could be a fraction or a decimal, integral could be in terms of pi or an approximate decimal, equations of a line could be in gradient intercept or general form etc..
Obviously if they ask for a specific form or an exact answer you would know, but if they don't specify can you lose marks for having the answer in a different form?
In a lot of past exams they have put the gradient intercept form as the answer but I'm assuming I would still be marked right if I had the correct general form unless they specified, is this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
for integrals leave in exact form (easier for marker to mark it)
probability it doesnt even mattere
i'd say leave any approximation methods (Simpsons rule or trapeziodal rule) in decimals.
exact values for trig, integrals, annuities ect are better so you can use in case there is a second part to the qustion

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

Help please, I'm mathematically retarded

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC 2013 2U Marathon

^ do a tree diagram to see the probable lots ... But they will be 1. Legal/not legal / not legal, 2. Not legal / legal/ not legal , 3. Not legal/ not legal/ legal.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC

^ do a tree diagram to see the probable lots ... But they will be 1. Legal/not legal / not legal, 2. Not legal / legal/ not legal , 3. Not legal/ not legal/ legal.
Oh right, takes too long to draw the diagram so I visualized it and it works, thanks

edit: is there an easier way to work it out like P(E) or something?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

Another Q by me ^.^
2011 HSC 2U Q9 (d) =)

Capture.JPG

You seem to enjoy writing questions. Very few students do that, good to see. The forum has about 2-3 other regulars (HSC Students) who also write questions.

Shazer2

HSC

I'd write questions if I had the knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)