HSC. advanced english. (1 Viewer)

sexykid

HSC
is advanced english hard? how much of a step-up is it compared to standard?

Tangoto

poop
HSC
Personally I wouldn't say Advanced English is hard. If you've got good grammar, a creative mind, like to read, and own a thesaurus, then you're good to go.

Also give Advanced a try even if you're undecided. You can always drop down if you find that you can't cope. Note, it is quite a step up from standard from what I can tell.

Last edited:

muzeikchun852

HSC
difference between advanced and standard is only shakespeare and higher quality of essay.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
No.

Module B, standard students do a close study of a text. Advanced students have to do a critical study of a text, which is more in depth and requires analytical thinking.

Both standard and advanced do Area of Study, but the other 60% of the course is vastly different and more in-depth.

brendroid

HSC
Advanced requires similar skills, but the skills need to be more polished and the students need to be capable of looking at texts in different ways and drawing out themes and understanding how to look at texts through different lights.

Kralex

HSC
Well I find it hard. I guess I'm getting average results though.. 1st assessment 10/15 and 2nd assessment 12/15. Its probably one of my more favourite subjects cause I try hard to do well haha.

Do Advanced first and if its too much drop to Standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)